PDA

View Full Version : Departure Day Meals

MonoMan
07-22-2012, 03:29 PM
What type of options will there be for lunch on the ship for departure day? Or should we plan to eat lunch before heading to port?

DizneyRox
07-22-2012, 03:48 PM
I think it depends on the ship. There are usually a couple places to eat, including the 'buffet' location located on the higher decks. I wouldn't plan on eating before reaching the ship.

Be advised though, their boarding procedure is not first come first served really, it goes by your assigned check-in time (which determines your group number). They board by group number. It's possible that even if you arrive at the port first, you may have to wait before getting on board.

MarkC
07-22-2012, 05:12 PM
We were just on the Disney Magic on a 7 day cruise in February. We boarded about 12:30-1pm and luggage doesn't get to your room until about 3pm. We went straight to the Topsider Buffet and had a great meal. Then we took a tour of the ship before it departed. I also think some of the snack stands were open. If you can wait for a little later lunch I would try to do so. You're paying for the meals so take advantage, and they are awesome.