PDA

View Full Version : Media comp tickets?

TrouncyFlouncyPouncy
07-22-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm planning a trip for this October, and I work in the news business, so I'm curious about media comp(limentary) passes for Disney World. I'm assuming they do them, but a quick search netted me nothing. Does anyone have details on what they offer/how to get them? Thanks!

Buttercup
07-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Yep, they do them. :) However they have dramatically reduced the number of passes they give away to each person. Years ago we used to get 3 or 4 4-day hoppers.... now we get 4 1-day hoppers and that seems to be the "norm" that they give all my friends in the media as well. Which is still great, don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to get anything at all! I'm based out of Canada so the person I contact every year is a different rep than who you would speak to in the States.

But just a google search led me to the WDW Media Relations (which is the correct office to contact). If this isn't the right person, I'm sure she'll forward you on to the correct person: Michelle Baumann at (407) 397-6397

Once you speak to someone they will tell you to send them an email or fax from on business letterhead (or from a business email account from your news organization), stating the days you will be at WDW, and how many are in your group. You should do this at least 6 weeks before your trip (I usually write in around 8-10 weeks prior to my trip). It takes them a while to respond, so don't worry. Sometimes you won't hear back from them for a month or so.

Eventually you will be emailed a formal letter that you need to print out. It will say how many passes you are being comped, with your full name, address, etc. on the letter.

Once you get to WDW, you go to any Guest Relations office at the entrance of any of the parks (on the date specified in your letter) and you will be required to show your ID to prove you are the proper owner of that letter.

Voila! All set. It's a nice little perk because they expect us as members of the media to go and share our positive experiences at WDW, which I always do! :mickey:

epceddie
07-23-2012, 11:02 PM
I work as a newspaper reporter in Massachusetts. My wife and I have received 1-day Park Hoppers the last couple of years. Disney has always been very gracious and generous.
It's a great perk that we've been able to take advantage of and we've always been very grateful to get them.
At the parks that we end up going to, we always make it a point to get a fastpass for one of the big rides and give them to a couple we see entering as we're leaving. We've done this for Soarin' and Test Track at Epcot and all three of the Mountains at the MK.
We've also been lucky enough to get passes to Universal and Sea World in the past, but not lately.