PDA

View Full Version : Haven't been in five years! What to expect?

TrouncyFlouncyPouncy
07-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Hey all! I used to post on here some ages ago (no IDEA what my username was...I would have been in my teens, so I probably don't want to know what I came up with then!), but I moved away from Florida and with it, the boards.:cry:

So to sum things up kind of quickly, my mother and I went to Disney World about once every two or three months from my birth, basically, up until 2004. We moved away from Florida then and visited about once a year until 2007...and 2007 was the last time either of us were at Disney World!

I'm now a full-fledged grown-up (or at least the government seems to think I'm one), and we're working/living on opposite coasts. So, we have decided to meet up for vacation at Disney World this October.:cloud9:

We're both excited to get back after such a long time (for us), but it's kind of a crazy feeling knowing that it'll certainly be different than the World we both knew like the back of our hands.

So, what on earth have we missed?

disneymom15
07-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Well, first off, WELCOME back!!
Second, when in October will you be at WDW?
Intercot is celebrating it's 15th anniversary at WDW. John and the crew have many things planned for the last weekend in Oct.

GAN
07-22-2012, 05:14 PM
If you're into podcasting... listen in to the show, it's a good way to find out what's new in a fun, entertaining way. In a somewhat recurring theme regarding Disney in general, expect less for more if you know what I mean.

ftwildernesskid
07-22-2012, 06:22 PM
My parents took a trip down last year and had not been there for 5 years. They were amazed at how many new things there were to see. They said they had really missed being there, but the up-side was that there were so many new things to see and do!
Each park will have updates of old rides and attractions, or brand new ones. It kinda makes going all the more exciting knowing that there will be things you've never experienced.
Have a great trip!!!

faline
07-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Toy Story Mania
American Idol
Monsters Inc
Stitch's Escape
La Hacienda - restaurant
Via Napoli -restaurant
New Version of Star Tours
Finding Nemo
New Double Dumbo Ride