PDA

View Full Version : We leave tomorrow! Any last minute packing suggestions?

eandrsmom
07-22-2012, 08:04 AM
We're leaving in the morning. This will be our first time traveling with the kids to Disney in the summer. Both my DH and myself have been to WDW in the summer, but never our kids. I think I have everything covered. We're driving straight through, with several stops. I'm planning on going to the grocery once we get there for groceries, plenty of bottled water, and Gatorade. We have misting fans, sunscreen, bug repellant, and activites to do in the car. Am I forgetting anything? Does anyone have any MUST HAVE items to include for a summer trip?

riley1129
07-22-2012, 09:24 AM
make sure you bring lots of light clothes. We go every year during July and it is HOT!!!!!! Also, make sure you pack small fans. The ones sold in the park are so over priced... You can get the same ones at Wal-Mart for $5 compared to $25

Dopey's Girl
07-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Baggies. It's something I can find a million uses for (storing small toys, keeping things organized, keeping change in, saving snacks. The list goes on and on) and I never seem to have enough of them.

Disney Hungarian
07-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Sunscreen, sunscreen and sunscreen. Maybe ponchos, the ones at the parks are rather bulky. I like the cheap ones that fit in their own little baggies and are disposable.

eandrsmom
07-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Thanks! I think I'll throw a couple more sunscreen bottles in the bag. I do have baggies packed. We'll have a washer and dryer, so I plan on washing clothes so I won't have to pack so much. I'm packing 6 sets of clothes for a 10 day trip. Plus bathing suits and coverups. Do you think that will be enough? We're a family of six, so it can be difficult to pack lightly.

chefmickey3
07-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Few things we pack:

-paper towels for the ride
-ponchos from home - way overpriced in Disney
-wet ones and hand sanitizer
-hats and sunglasses for the kids

We leave in a week and also drive. Enjoy your trip!

E-OR
07-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Thnigs we have forgotten and now double check to make sure we have:

1) Swim Suit
2) Camera
3) Marker for more than just autographs.

Things we like to bring:

1) Night Light
2) Coffee/filters/creamer
3) Zip lock baggies
4) Check In Information
5) Rx meds

Anything, other than the meds, we can buy if we forget. So I don't worry too much about forgetting anything (although a swim suit for husband at Disneyworld is way more than one we can get on clearance at home...)

mickeys_princess_mom
07-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Definitely hats all around! Snacks, phone chargers, LIGHTweight string backpacks, hand sanitizer, gum (not sold at WDW), wet wipes (for cooling, as well as the unexpected), bandaids, tummy meds, easy-to-push and collapse strollers if you're bringing them...Well-broken-in shoes and socks, not new ones. Also, if you have a little princess, a pair of comfy shoes, not just the fancy princess ones, and maybe a cool tank top to go between her and fancy fabric of a princess dress...
Have FUNNNN!!!! You will come back with cheeks hurting from smiling at the sight of your babies enjoying the Magic!! :wave:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-22-2012, 01:16 PM
There is also a GREAT Target (near the Allstars) if you forget anything! Lots of quite reasonable Disney souvenirs and clothing. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
07-22-2012, 08:50 PM
We're a family of 6 as well and the washer and dryer will come in handy. You will not have to pack as much if you will not mind washing clothes.

A first aide kit. Bug bite and sunburn soothers. any OTC medications you might need. If your kids have asthma or allergies or any condition bring their medications.

You sound like you have it all covered. :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Just thought of this--since you're driving--a bottle of Windex! Encountered lots of bugs on the highway in May, and ended up stopping to buy some!

Darbylew
07-22-2012, 10:44 PM
sunscreen, hats or caps, light clothing, wet ones, phonchos, bandaids, sunglasses, hand
sanitizer, backpack for snacks and water. It
is going to be hot and humid. Going in shows and rides sure helps to cool you off. Hope you
have a wonderful time just take it slow and easy. :mickey:

Disneymom90
07-27-2012, 11:23 PM
get ziplocs for phones and electronics, incase it is wet, have a backpack with sunscreen in it, maybe bring each child a hat and pair of sunglasses, and rain ponchos are great to have:)

I envy you I wish I were going tomorrow:(