PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving week Question

princessgirls
07-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Hello Intercotees!

We are seriously considering taking advantage of the "Free" dining promo and checking into WDW on 11/15 and staying through until Thanksgiving 11/22 night. My middle school daughters would miss 3 1/2 days of school, and the airfare wasn't half bad coming home late on Thanksgiving, we could have a park day until 6pm.

So...that being said. What kind of crowds should I expect. I've been in June, August, March, and December previously. So, I'm pretty used to crowded parks.
Also, will most of the Christmas decorations be up? I am hoping so! I did see that there is a Christmas Party in the Magic Kingdom one of the nights we are there.
Thanks for any advice you can give!
Julie:mickey:

faline
07-21-2012, 11:48 AM
The very early part of the week shouldn't be bad but the crowds will be building and, by Thanksgiving, will be at peak.

Yes, the holiday decorations will be up.

princessgirls
07-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks Linda!!

That's honestly the answer I was hoping for!!!

So hard, honestly.... husband didn't want to go back again in August, as we have stuff that we enjoy doing at home.
Girls are in middle school, and there are never any promo's available when school is out. Thanksgiving week isn't my ideal choice, but it's probably the best time to take the kids out of school, historically they don't introduce a lot of new concepts that week of Thanksgiving, because it's a short week AND by going on a little bit of an off time, I can get R/T air on Jet Blue for $850 for the four of us.
It's looking like it might all come together! The biggest plus is I LOVE THE CHRISTMAS Decorations and it won't be 100 degrees!!! If we check in on November 15th, we can enjoy the "free" dining promo for the length of our stay.
Thanks!
Julie:mickey:

SBETigg
07-21-2012, 11:57 AM
We went in that time frame years ago, maybe a little earlier. It was really nice on our first few days, low crowds. But then crowds started building and felt really stifling, probably because our first few days were so low crowds. We left on the Sunday before Thanksgiving and the crowds were pretty heavy by then. I think as long as you're prepared, you will be fine. If you're used to high crowds, it won't be a problem.

AgentC
07-21-2012, 01:33 PM
We did something similar a few years ago. We arrived the week before Thanksgiving and stayed through the the Monday before Thanksgiving.

The week before Wed-Sat was fairly light, but the crowds did start to build on Sunday. If you are used to crowds, I don't think it will be too bad for you. The weather (unless we have an unexpected cold snap) tends to be very pleasant. Another plus for us was going to sleep at Wilderness Lodge and waking up in the morning to the Christmas tree in the lobby.

DisneyGuy1979
07-21-2012, 02:14 PM
What are the crowds like the Saturday AFTER thanksgiving?!???!!? :mickey:

faline
07-21-2012, 05:12 PM
What are the crowds like the Saturday AFTER thanksgiving?!???!!? :mickey:

If you mean two days after the Thanksgiving holiday, they will still be quite high. Crowds begin to thin out on Sunday when folks begin to leave at the end of the holiday weekend.