PDA

View Full Version : Pretrip Questions!

wdwcarrie
07-21-2012, 10:04 AM
We leave in 25 days for my two-year-old's first trip to the World! We've been planning this trip since, roughly, the day he was born, and he loves all things Disney already. I do have a few questions that I bet Intercotees can help with...

-We are eating breakfast one morning at Crystal Palace and have an 8:10 ADR. Will be busses be running to MK early enough to get us there?

-My son is very tall for his age (he's a month shy of three) and isn't frightened of rides, and we'd love to take him on Soarin'. As of this morning, he measures at 39.5 inches tall in his sneakers. Any insight into how likely it is that he'll be able to ride? Or suggestions for making up that last half-inch? :secret:

-Any other suggestions for the trip? DH and I have been traveling to WDW together since our honeymoon eight years ago, but I think this is going to be the most special trip yet! :mickey:

Thanks!

faline
07-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Busses begin running around 7 a.m. for those who have pre-park opening reservations like you do.

Disney is very strict with its height restrictions as they should be for the safety of all their guests. Given that your son isn't even 3 years old yet, I wouldn't try to push his height to try to get on this ride - or any other ride with a height restriction.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-21-2012, 08:47 PM
I think my biggest suggestion would be to let your son just enjoy the trip! You'll be surprised at how different Disney looks through the eyes of a little one. Don't panic about getting "everything" done, I know one of my DD's favourite things from her first trip was playing in Donald's boat in Toontown. Not a fancy ride, but she LOVED it.

Enjoy your trip!

chefmickey3
07-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Should be an amazing trip! My suggestion is to take it slow and see things through your son's eyes. Show him some of the attraction videos on the Disney website. You can try to have him measured but like pp they are strict with the measurements. Look for the Disney details and take lots of pictures.

eandrsmom
07-22-2012, 07:54 AM
You're going to have a great time, but if he's under height they will not let him ride. My son was EXACTLY 40 inches when he was 3, and he was measured every time. They are very strict about height requirements. Actually, he was measured twice for Soarin', once when we got into line, and then again when we got to the preshow area of the line. You never know, he may have a growth spurt right before you leave. My DS8 has grown a full inch since school has gotten out for the summer.

riley1129
07-22-2012, 09:19 AM
I would definitely spend time at the pool. When it gets hot... the last thing you want to do is be one of those people that everyone in Disney hates... The family with the screaming hot kid.

Also, don't try and do everything in one trip.. do what he can handle.. In the end of the day, the chances of him remembering even two details of your trip are slim to none

Katzateer
07-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Great age - take lots of pictures and let him set the pace. Sometimes the most magical memories will be where you least expect them.

My girls loved the dancing fountains at EPCOT in Imagination area. Loved to dance and interact before and during parades. The street performers are fun at HS and EPCOT performers are great. Loved Off Kilter.

Have a great time!

wdwcarrie
07-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Keep the suggestions coming! We've actually been showing him videos quite a bit over the last few weeks, and he's very excited about the parades and rides. We know he won't remember most of it, but we will...:cloud9: