PDA

View Full Version : We're NOT Going to Kansas... We're Going to Disney World! Day 7

Mammabruski
07-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Day 7 June 22

Even though my kiddos had a pretty late night, I was determined to get them to MK for the Welcome show (an early nap was planned). Last year we thought we left with enough time to see it (about 7:15, early opening hours – NOT EMH, so glad there were none of those this year) but the bus was stopped at the entrance for about 10 minute. Despite our best efforts to run ahead, we only saw the last minute or so of the show. Well this year we were on the bus by 8am and we got to MK with plenty of time to get a great spot. While we waited my Mom and I discussed what to do first. I thought the girls would love to meet Mereda or Rapunzel and since we were there at open we decided to scope out Rapunzel’s meeting spot before making a decision. The Welcome show was great, my littlest one still talks about it and rated it as one of her favorites of the trip. I cried, of course.

We walked in with the masses after the show and there was already a huge (30+ families in line) for Rapunzel so we hurried over to Merida’s area. We got there about 10 minutes before she began greeting and were only about 8 people (not families) from the front of the line. The meet and greet was great! Merida was so sweet and those little bears behind her were adorable! We saw the movie after we got home, the girls loved it… Shooting arrows was fun, too. At this point I make my second touring plan mistake.

When we left Merida the girls really wanted to do the Tea Cups with my Mom (she’s the only one who came with us this morning, we let my sister sleep in and my Dad was golfing) but the ride was down. My big girl really got upset (tired, can’t blame her) and I offered up the car ride as an alternative. Big mistake. The line was 20 minutes long and when the time came I picked the wrong side to go to which added 10 minutes to our wait. I was so mad! I had wasted the best time of the morning – how ever would we ride all the Fantasyland rides with low waits now?!

Luckily it all worked out. Although it was already almost 10am, we rode the Tea Cups, Dumbo (got to glimpse the new indoor queue and ride the original), the Barnstormer (baby girl was too small), used FP’s for Peter Pan and Winnie the Poo, Philharmagic, and the Horsey ride. Whew, we made it! We were ready to leave when my Dad joined us (I felt bad he took the bus here only to turn right around) and headed back to OKW for lunch and nap – but not before a swim!!

The sun was still miraculously shining and we decided to take advantage of it before lunch and played at the pool. My sister got her one wish – to lay out in the sun just one more time. After lunch and during nap, the skies opened up. It rained off and on the rest of the day and we decided to do dinner and shopping at DTD. We took the boat (love that option) to DTD and this is where we had a little scare… The skipper crashed into the dock at DTD and my oldest DD banged her head on her seat! He didn’t even ask if everyone was ok. I think she was more startled than hurt. It was still scary.

We had dinner at Earl of Sandwich (what a line – good thing my sis got in line while we got settled) and then did some shopping in the rain. There wasn’t much of a selection of ornaments one could personalize at the Christmas store and the World of Disney was a mad house. We took the bus home – a little gun shy of the boat after the “accident” and rode it around instead of getting off at the first stop. That was the other perk of building 13. You could get off at the first stop and walk to your room in less than 5 minutes but get on at the last pick up at the HH. The buses were awesome this trip, hardly a wait and we only had to stand once on the way home from MK… Off to bed we went, tomorrow was our last full day at the “World”.

Whoa! I almost forgot that my Sis and I went to EMH at MK that night. We didn't do much, just Space Mountain, HM and the People Mover. Oh, we did have some yummy treats at the bakery and I enjoyed an almost front row seat to MSEP (the music does get old after a while). We were so tired we went home without doing BTMRR - it was just too far away for our tired feet...

SBETigg
07-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Busy day! Scary about the boat, glad no one was badly hurt but sorry that your daughter was shaken and a little banged up.

faline
07-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Sounds like you're in the same section of Old Key West that we were in last year - just across from Hospitality House. We, too, would get off at the first bus strop and just walk back instead of talking it all the way around.

Good afternoon and evening despite the rain and the boating accident!

DizNee143
07-21-2012, 10:03 PM
Besides the boat accident sounds like it was a great day! Definitely did a lot!! :mickey: