PDA

View Full Version : We're NOT Going to Kansas... We're Going to Disney World! Day 6, Part 2

Mammabruski
07-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Day 6, June 21, Part 2

After the girls slept, we slowly readied ourselves for Epcot and our ADR at La Hacienda. We were meeting my Dad’s cousin and her husband for dinner which I planned for 8 pm in order to see Illuminations with less booms. Our first stop at Epcot was the big marble monoliths with the photos on them. My Gramps, who passed in 2006, has a picture there. It is always our first stop when we go to Epcot and is a nice way to remember him. So to anyone who dislikes that feature, I say boo to! My whole family would be crushed if they ever removed them.

We went on the big ball and then headed over to Mexico to check out Donald’s cruise. I almost tried to squeeze in some Tequila time but I figured I would wait and get a jalapeño margarita at dinner. When we checked in I told them I would be willing to wait to get a table with a good view. So we waited about 40 minutes and we still only got a mediocre table. Oh well I thought, that’s the way the cookie crumbles. Dinner was alright – I was constantly taking one daughter or the other to the potty. I was really missing my hubby that night – he would’ve been so helpful like that on this trip… Another bummer was that they didn’t have the Jalapeño marg on the menu!

About 20 minutes before the fireworks all the tables in front of us by the windows vacated their spots, so when the time for Illuminations approached I was able to move the girls right up to the window. I was awesome! We really lucked out and the girls loved the show, especially since it wasn’t so loud. After dinner my folks took the kiddos home (you rock, guys) while my sister and I went to Jellyrolls.

There was some sort of convention group there that kind of changed the vibe from the other times I had been there. It just wasn’t as good as I recalled… oh well! My sis and I finally got a cab home (those conventioneers took like 5 of them before us) and the cabby took a really long way home (last year it only cost us $7.50, this year over $10) and I was unable to give a good tip, since I had planned on around $8 (before tip) and only had so much cash. I felt bad, I should’ve been more prepared, but he shouldn’t try to make a short trip longer…

We scurried over to building 13 and went to bed because tomorrow I was determined to see the MK Welcome Show!

SBETigg
07-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Oh no, too bad Jelly Rolls was a bit disappointing. But good that you had a night out, after a fun day and a good dinner.

faline
07-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Nice evening even though you did have a few disappointments!!

DizNee143
07-21-2012, 09:54 PM
Glad you were able to see illuminations and everyone enjoyed it! It's my favorite show!:mickey: