PDA

View Full Version : We're NOT Going to Kansas... We're Going to Disney World! Day 4

Mammabruski
07-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Day 4 June 19th
Once again we let the little ones (and my sister) sleep in… we were out the door around 9 am and we decided to take a cab over to our breakfast destination: The Poly! No we didn’t have ADRs for ‘Ohana or Kona Café, I just wanted to try the “famous” Tonga toast. So we went to the Poly to Enjoy Cpt. Cook’s. The Tonga Toast was great, huge yummy bread sandwiched together, stuffed with bananas and then fried and dipped in cinnamon sugar. Well worth the travel to such an ugly hotel ;). Afterwards we took another cab to Blizzard Beach.

It was a lovely day, not many clouds and the temps weren’t too high. The girls enjoyed the kiddy area, but I was bummed when the photopass photographer left right before my girls came down the little float slide. We stood in line for the ski lift and made our way to Teamboat Springs. This always cracks me up because we live just outside of Steamboat Springs, CO… Great ride, though! We cruised the lazy river avoiding the crazy cold waterfalls and then my parents took the girls back to Teamboat Springs. We played a little more in the kiddy area and then headed home for lunch.

Another huge perk of a villa is the kitchens. We ordered a bunch of food from Garden Grocer and ate breakfast and lunch at home for most of the rest of the week. It was so nice not to have to fight hoards of people at a food court to get lunch and breakfast. I can’t imagine how well this would go in a studio, though – especially if you’re counting on OKW’s counter service which is pretty small and insignificant.

When the girls woke up it we headed over to the Studios. My only goal for the HS was to ensure that my oldest DD got to see the Disney Jr. show since she missed it last year when she got a little sick (flash forward: No one gets sick on this trip, at least not till the plane ride home). So off to Disney Jr. we went. After hanging with Toodles we walked into the Little Mermaid Show and then we had dinner. Dinner was at the ABC Commissary and it was BAD. I had the most boring Asian salad and they were out of all different side items the girls really wanted.

We then took the girls on the Great Movie Ride – or as it will be called in our family forever more, the Not So Great Movie Ride. That’s because my littlest didn’t want to ride TGMR, but was ok with the new title we gave it. At this point we had to make a decision: do we take the girls to Fantasmic or get them home to bed? I opted for bed – I just don’t think that my littlest one would like the scary dragon. She had bad dreams after seeing the “pointy” dragon from Enchanted, so I didn’t want to push it and an “early” bedtime wouldn’t be bad!

Lucky girl that I am, my parents took the girls home and my sister and I walked to Epcot to enjoy EMH. We got there just as Illuminations was starting and we hustled over to the new wine bar, Tutto Gusto. We sat in the little alcove by the fireplace and had some wine, then we left to try and hit up the Tequila bar, which was closed by 9:45pm. What’s the point in evening EMH at Epcot when all that’s open is Future World? I just don’t understand why the World Showcase is not open at least until 11... We did some more shopping (at least Mouse Gears was open) and headed home.

emerzmom
07-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Sounds like another great day. I have had some not so great meals at ABC. I just don't go there anymore. What a nice evening with your sister in EPCOT and yes, I agree that WS should stay open later on EMH! That is the best part of EPCOT!
Enjoying your reports!
:tink:
Julie

SBETigg
07-20-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm really surprised that Cava del Tequila was closed that early. They usually stay open later, was my understanding. But crowds really do slow down for them during and after Illuminations (which I've always considered to be ideal, for my purposes). But yes, lots of things close early for EMH in WS and it is disappointing.

faline
07-21-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't think I've ever read a positive post about the ABC Commissary - perhpaps it's time for a do-over for this location?

That little wine bar looks quite attractive. We didn't order anything there on our last trip but did go in and check it out. We will need to be sure to visit "for real" on our next trip.

Very nice that you and your sister got some relaxed time together!

DizNee143
07-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Another great day!
I'm not a big fan of the Poly either! lol..