PDA

View Full Version : More Vacation Planning w/Darth Macho

darthmacho
07-19-2012, 11:10 PM
In my first post, I listed my plan for the first 4 days of the trip, so here's more starting with Day #5

Who's Going:

Me (41yo)
DW (41yo)
DD1 (11yo)
DD2 (8yo)

Day #5: Epcot (1 of 3)

Sleep in again.
This is the back-up laundry day, in case yesterday didn't work out.
Get to Epcot by 11
Visit World Showcase, but only Mexico through USA.
Take it slow, eat lunch in one of those countries.
Play Interactive WS game.
See American Adventure.
Eat at La Hacienda.
Watch fireworks from the restaurant.

Day #6: Animal Kingdom (1 of 2)

Get to AK early.
Go to Asia.
Ride Everest.
Ride Kali.
See Tigers.
Lunch at Yak and Yeti.
Visit Dinoland.
Ride Dinosaur as many times as possible.
Back to the resort.

Day #7: Magic Kingdom (2 of 3)

Up early again.
Get to MK at opening.
Ride Splash.
Ride Thunder.
Repeat?
Ride Pirates.
Ride Jungle Cruise.
Repeat if possible.
Lunch at Pecos or Tortuga.
More Frontierland and Adventureland.
Monorail to Poly.
5PM ADR at Ohana.
Back for MSEP.
Fireworks.
Back to Pop.

Now, one week in, and we still are only half way through! Stay tuned for more! :mickey:

MaterializedHaunt
07-20-2012, 12:07 AM
This looks AWESOME! I had a question about Day 6 though. Do you eat at the restuarant for Y&Y? Or counter service. My parents went to the CS and they said the size of the meals were ridiculously big and 1 meal filled them both up. Just some food for thought.

Me personally, I would rather eat inside and spend the extra money to be comfortable. I think I might splurge and get the Colby Burger this time. :cloud9:

Anyways this looks like a great plan of attack! Hope all goes well!

faline
07-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Isn't it nice to have such a long vacation planned?

Pirate Granny
07-20-2012, 08:16 AM
The fireworks at LaHacienda was wonderful...not a fan of Mexican food, but great service and a great view! Granddaughters loved it...their mom too!

HEY MAMABRUSKI. Where are the rest of the trip reports????

Dopey's Girl
07-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Yeah for long trips! Looks great so far!

darthmacho
07-20-2012, 09:00 AM
This looks AWESOME! I had a question about Day 6 though. Do you eat at the restuarant for Y&Y? Or counter service. My parents went to the CS and they said the size of the meals were ridiculously big and 1 meal filled them both up. Just some food for thought.

Me personally, I would rather eat inside and spend the extra money to be comfortable. I think I might splurge and get the Colby Burger this time. :cloud9:

Anyways this looks like a great plan of attack! Hope all goes well!

We're eating in the sit-dwn restaurant. We ate there for lunch last year, and I really loved it. I wouldn't mind making it a tradition, especially if they continue to carry the mango pie dessert. :mickey:
Also, we're on the DDP, so splitting meals probably wouldn't go over well, and besides, you haven't seen me eat... :D

darthmacho
07-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Isn't it nice to have such a long vacation planned?

It's a dream come true, and yet in a lot of ways, it doesn't seem like enough time.

The fireworks at LaHacienda was wonderful...not a fan of Mexican food, but great service and a great view! Granddaughters loved it...their mom too!

HEY MAMABRUSKI. Where are the rest of the trip reports????

I love Mexican food! I'm looking forward to some mole! :sombrero:

Yeah for long trips! Looks great so far!

Thanks! It's a lot of fun to plan a trip.

SBETigg
07-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Good plan! Hacienda looks really good. I can't wait to try it.

MaterializedHaunt
07-20-2012, 11:22 AM
It's a dream come true, and yet in a lot of ways, it doesn't seem like enough time.

Book an extra night! *wink*

darthmacho
07-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Good plan! Hacienda looks really good. I can't wait to try it.

Me too! The sad part is, I keep thinking how I'd also like to eat at San Angel Inn. So many choices.

Book an extra night! *wink*

I should do that! So, what's your credit card # and expiration date? ;) (JK)

MaterializedHaunt
07-20-2012, 12:04 PM
I should do that! So, what's your credit card # and expiration date? ;) (JK)

haha only if I am allowed to join you and the fam!

DisneyDINK
07-20-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm curious... how many ADRs are you making?

darthmacho
07-20-2012, 03:39 PM
haha only if I am allowed to join you and the fam!

Well, you are a fellow New Englander after all. ;)

I'm curious... how many ADRs are you making?

I've actually made 14 sit-down ADRs, we have DDP credits for 13, so we'll have to pay out of pocket for our last ADR at Plaza Restaurant, because I figure it would be the most economical.

LandFan
07-20-2012, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't mind making it a tradition, especially if they continue to carry the mango pie dessert. :mickey:

I LOVE the mango pie dessert. I have heard that they no longer carry the small individual-sized ones at the Y&Y CS anymore. I was crushed. I used to pick up a few the first day we were at AK and keep them in the room to eat during the week :D Now I'll have to actually sit at the bar or make a ressie...

darthmacho
07-20-2012, 09:23 PM
I LOVE the mango pie dessert. I have heard that they no longer carry the small individual-sized ones at the Y&Y CS anymore. I was crushed. I used to pick up a few the first day we were at AK and keep them in the room to eat during the week :D Now I'll have to actually sit at the bar or make a ressie...

I think we discussed this in another thread? Well, I suggest you do what you have to do to get that pie. While it is not the only thing I love about Yak and Yeti, it's certainly my favorite.