PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to AP?

azcavalier
07-19-2012, 01:14 PM
We have a package booked through Magic Journeys for 10 of us this November, however, my DW and I will be back in April '13 and again in the fall of '13. We want to upgrade our passes, but just our passes, to Annual Passes. Can this be done? Or would we have to upgrade everyone in the package?

faline
07-19-2012, 01:36 PM
No, after arrival, you can upgrade each person's ticket differently if you would like. I do believe, however, that there is a timing issue that could mess up your dining credits - depending on when you do it. I'll see if I can find that information.

faline
07-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Here you go (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=189034&highlight=upgrading+passes) - I knew I read something about the timing of upgrading!

magicofdisney
07-19-2012, 02:21 PM
I upgrade my package ticket to a pass ALL the time, however it's always been after the dining credits were used. This is just an FYI for you so you know for sure it can be done. You'll probably just need to do it as you're actually leaving to go home. :mickey:

faline
07-19-2012, 07:31 PM
I upgrade my package ticket to a pass ALL the time, however it's always been after the dining credits were used. This is just an FYI for you so you know for sure it can be done. You'll probably just need to do it as you're actually leaving to go home. :mickey:

Yes, but the other thing to keep in mind is that it is my understanding that you are no longer able to upgrade tickets if you've used all park entry days on the tickets you're trying to upgrade.

CleveRocks
07-20-2012, 01:15 AM
If your tickets are on your Key To The World card and you have ID to prove that is your own name on the KTTW card, then those new rules don't apply ... a totally exhausted ticket can still be upgraded any time within 14 days from the first use of the ticket.

Just another FYI ... an upgrade to an AP can't be done at your resort, it has to be done at a park or Downtown Disney or the Transportation & Ticket Center.