PDA

View Full Version : The I can't believe we went in July report-Day 3, part 2

AgentC
07-19-2012, 01:21 AM
When we last left off, we had said goodbye to our friends at Epcot as they headed to the Contemporary for the Pirates & Pals cruise. They would be leaving right after the cruise so we would not be meeting up with them again. :( I was taking my wet children back to the CBR to get some dry clothes and go back to MK.

Once we returned, the kids were way more interested in having pirate battles on the beds, than going out again. I relaxed and tried to decide which hotel to book for our December trip. :tree: Got to love the bounce back deals! :thumbsup:

And here’s where we got a little crazy. Somewhere around 9:30, my son reminded me that he did not get to play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom this trip. MK was having EMH and I was not thrilled with the idea of trying to play SotMK on a Monday during the heat of the day, so I agree to take them back to the park. A 4 year old, a 6 year old and me at MK alone for EMH. Seemed like a good idea at the time!

My daughter had been chattering all the way to MK but was suddenly silent as we pulled into our spot. Have you guessed? Yep, sound asleep. :sleepin: We had gotten a parking spot up from, so I put her in the stroller and my son and I walked to the monorail. It felt like we were the only ones going into MK. Lots and lots of people were coming out, but our monorail was practically empty.

Once we got into MK, I tried to convince my son to watch the parade, but nothing was going to sway him from going to Adventureland and playing SotMK.:magic: It was almost comfortable in the park. The temperature had gone down quite a bit after the sun set and there was a nice breeze. This may have contributed to Aloha Island having a very small line. (It also helped that they had 2 entrances set up with ropes and everyone was in one!) My son and I had to stop for a Dole Whip. I didn’t have a chance to get one on our last trip and I really missed it. He got the classic Dole Whip is a cup while I went for the float. I love the pineapple juice.:papple:

My daughter continued to sleep while we journeyed from portal to portal in Adventureland. My son conquered Jafar but the game could not give him his next location. There was a family with a girl about the same age as Laurence there and they said the same thing happened to them. I don’t know this for a fact but their theory was if you start a game, you can finish but it will not start up the next section during EMH. They had been at WDW for about a week and I was impressed by the large number of cards they amassed in such a short time. As always this turned into a card trading event. We didn’t have any cards we could trade that she needed but she kindly offered my son two cards he didn’t have that she had several duplicate. As I have noticed in the past, there were adults around trading card with kids. Just something to keep an eye on if you have a younger child playing.

Next we went to The Magic Carpets of Aladdin. My daughter woke up as we got in line. The wait was minimal and they wanted to ride again and again. There were so few people waiting that the cast member allowed us to stay on for the next ride. After riding 4 or 5 times, I was having enough circling so we moved on to Fantasyland. You would think my son would have had enough of It’s a Small World since we had been stuck on it the day before but nope, he needed to ride again. The line there was also very short.

The plan after we got off IaSW was to go ride Dumbo but we were all struck with a wave of tiredness. I checked the time and couldn’t believe it was 1:15! The kids made a halfhearted attempt to remove the sword from the sorcerer’s stone and we were on our way. My son (who hadn’t napped) was really starting to drag so I let him sit in the stroller while his sister walked. We made a quick stop at the Confectionary for fudge, two of the huge cookies and a s’more to take home to my husband. I had bought one the day before and it was yummy. The monorail was not running so we headed for the ferry. While we were waiting, we started to eat some of our snacks. I realized the s’more didn’t make it in the bag, but we were too wiped out to go back.
Both kids fell asleep on the ferry which made getting to the car a real challenge, but I managed!:whew:

Overall a busy but fun day. My son was very happy he got to play SotMK. That should hopefully hold him until Oct and ICOT15. Both kids had a blast flying the magic carpets. I am really glad we decided to go back out for EMH. Adventureland and Fantasyland were deserted while we were there. We felt like we were almost alone. It was definitely worth it.:D

Next up- Day 4. A little Downtown Disney shopping action before we leave and final thoughts about our trip.

faline
07-19-2012, 09:03 AM
What fun memories! I can just hear discussions in the years to come "Remember the night we went to extra magic hours really late!!"

Mickey'sGirl
07-19-2012, 09:37 AM
That's awesome! Your kids will be talking about that night for many years to come!

What is Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom?

emerzmom
07-19-2012, 02:28 PM
What a fun time! I am so impressed that you and the kids made it at MK for that long after such a busy day. What a great trip.
:tink:
Julie

AgentC
07-19-2012, 04:27 PM
That's awesome! Your kids will be talking about that night for many years to come!

What is Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom?

It is a game they rolled out earlier this year. You got to the firehouse and they give you 5 cards plus an keycard with an RFID card. The cards are similar to all the other type of cards kids collect.
You go to various screen throughout Main Street, Fantasyland, Adventureland, Liberty Square/Frontierland and battle villains who are working for Hades and trying to take over the Magic Kingdom. Lots of fun, but I find you have to almost do rides or do the game. It is hard to do both.

Here are pictures of some of our cards and one of the screens. http://cindysdisneypics.shutterfly.com/pictures/43#44

SBETigg
07-19-2012, 04:32 PM
You are one brave woman, Cindy. :mickey: But very cool that it worked out and your son got to have his adventure. What fun for them to be out late like that in the Magic Kingdom! When your daughter was awake for it, anyway.

Dopey's Girl
07-19-2012, 09:04 PM
What a fun night!

January-2007
07-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the trip report!

DizNee143
07-23-2012, 12:48 PM
What a great rest of the day!! And definitely a fun night that will be talked about for awhile..:mickey:

vizsla
07-24-2012, 04:51 AM
Thanks for the report.

yourmagicalguide
07-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Wow, you are brave! I never would have thought taking kids to MK EMH under 8 would be a good idea, but you proved me wrong :thumbsup:

Can't wait to read Day 4!