PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations for a 1 night off property motel?

Pop Centurion
07-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Due to expensive flights during the holiday we'll be driving this year. I plan to get to Orlando the day before our actual check-in date so we can get plenty of rest from the long drive & get an early start in the parks our first day.
I'd like something cheap since it's only to sleep & shower in but obviously nothing that's dirty or in a "shady" area. Any recommendations?

Kenny1113
07-18-2012, 04:17 PM
You can get a good deal on Priceline. I have stayed at the holiday inn right out side DTD. Its fine, does the job for a rest and shower, not shady. I would stay again if need be for the reasons you mentioned. I would not however pay more than $50 per night for it....

Pop Centurion
07-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Thanks.
I'm actually checking Priceline right now. Super 8 doesn't look to bad either at $46.
There's cheaper but many of the reviews point out dirty bathrooms & sheets.

Goofeygal
07-18-2012, 04:56 PM
We have stayed a couple of times at Championsworld resort. Nothing fancy but clean. We enjoyed it.

barnaby
07-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Last trip after our drive down, we stayed off-site for a night at the Magic Castle Inn and Suites. It's on 192 about 10 minutes from WDW.
It is a cheap, no frills place to stay. They have a small pool and it clean, not pristine clean, but clean enough. Staff was friendly and accomadating. They turned the pool lights on at about 10 at night because my son said he wanted to go for a swim. :D
We are booked again this year for our arrival night. We drive down straight through, get there on Saturday night, get a good nights rest, wake up early and make the quick trip over to WDW to check in to our WDW resort to begin our vacation.

buzznwoodysmom
07-18-2012, 07:28 PM
For arrivals the night before our official check in date we usually stay in a Disney value resort. If you can find some sort of room only discount it may not be much more than a clean off site hotel.

LauraByTheSea
07-19-2012, 08:37 PM
I would stay on the DTD side, near/on 535. It's close and clean. The Courtyard on Palm Pkwy is great, we stay there a lot. The Holiday Inn Express across the street is nice too.

PETE FROM NYC
07-20-2012, 04:28 PM
We drive down for a day early arrival. The last 2X we stopped at Knights Inn on 192, less than a mile west from WDW entrance. In 2010, the cost was $36/ night with a free continental breakfast. Nothing fancy, but clean and you cannot get much closer.

Mickey's 4Walls
07-22-2012, 09:44 AM
WE always do this when we drive. We stay at the Hotel Royal Plaza on LBV drive. [Removed reference to another site] It's a great place and close to downtown.:mickey:

BhamWriter
07-26-2012, 01:29 PM
I like the Galleria Palms, a boutique hotel in Kissimmee. I've had very good rates there, but they fluctuate by season. The rooms are quite nice and there's a back way into WDW from there (close to Animal Kingdom, I think). Search on the name and you can find their website.

minnie04
07-26-2012, 01:51 PM
For arrivals the night before our official check in date we usually stay in a Disney value resort. If you can find some sort of room only discount it may not be much more than a clean off site hotel.

That's what I was going to suggest as well. I would look into the values. Then anything right on Buena Vista. They have nice clean and not to exspensive hotels. I know its just to sleep & shower, but you want it to be comfortable as well... :mickey: