PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Fee Advisory

VWL Mom
07-18-2012, 03:55 PM
From DVC Member Services:

ARDA warns of fraudulent practices
The American Resort Development Association has made Disney Vacation ClubŪ aware of a fraudulent marketing practice targeting consumers over maintenance fee billings.

Members should use caution if they are solicited by a company claiming to work on behalf of an association collecting overdue maintenance fees due to billing errors or an unexpected special assessment. Contact Disney Vacation Club to be certain that such a bill is legitimate before paying.

Maleficent's Dad
07-18-2012, 04:42 PM
...wow. :(

Some people will attempt any scam. Sad.

TinkerbellT421
07-18-2012, 08:14 PM
So sad how many scams these days. My poor mother inadvertently became a victim of the "buy our magazines for us to be able to pay for college" scam. Sigh.

VWL Mom
07-19-2012, 07:36 AM
My poor mother inadvertently became a victim of the "buy our magazines for us to be able to pay for college" scam.

That's terrible :(

TinkerbellT421
07-19-2012, 08:06 AM
That's terrible :(

Yep. Not to go off topic but found the kids Myspace page back when and he was proudly saying on his page how he "Scams people for a living" under his "Jobs" section. Was going to report him and everything but the cops in my town could care less if it's not a major scam of hundreds or thousands. They were very non chalant because it was only $50.00. I was beyond angry.

But yea everyday when I listen to the local talk radio they are always warning of a new scam. The latest one here is people calling using the head Police Chief of the States name saying they are collecting donations for retired police and fire. And now they are calling disabled/elderly asking for their information because they need a new Medicare card or else their current ones will no longer work and then once they receive your information they steal your identity.