PDA

View Full Version : New Dallas?

Dopey's Girl
07-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Anyone watching the new version of Dallas?

I tuned in the first episode to hear the theme song. I used to watch every Friday night with my Gram. She's been gone for a long time, so I just wanted to hear it again.

Then I got sucked in. It's not ground breaking, and the acting isn't Oscar worthy, but it's fun and brings back some fun memories.

JoDisney
07-18-2012, 02:47 PM
I, too, enjoyed the original Dallas. I watch this new Dallas every Wednesday evening just because of JR, Bobby, and Sue-Ellen. I know it was because of the original Dallas. I never watch TV series. However, this new Dallas, I am hooked on. I will go to the gym and walk while it is on. I get my walk in and I enjoy Dallas. Well, it is on tonight. I don't know if John Ross can be like his Dad but he is giving it a try. LOL. The show is just bringing me back to the good old days when the original Dallas was on. It is fun for me to watch.

buzznwoodysmom
07-18-2012, 03:34 PM
DH and I have been watching too. Both of us grew up with our parents watching. We initally watched just to see JR and Bobby, and to hear the theme song too, but we ended up really enjoying it.

Last month we went to Grapevine, Texas, and stopped to tour Southfork Ranch on our way home. It was very cool to see the house and all the memorabilia. Now when we watch it we can say "hey, we remember that, or we saw that, or I know where that is".

Dopey's Girl
07-18-2012, 04:17 PM
DH and I have been watching too. Both of us grew up with our parents watching. We initally watched just to see JR and Bobby, and to hear the theme song too, but we ended up really enjoying it.

Last month we went to Grapevine, Texas, and stopped to tour Southfork Ranch on our way home. It was very cool to see the house and all the memorabilia. Now when we watch it we can say "hey, we remember that, or we saw that, or I know where that is".

That's awesome! My Gram always wanted to go there.

I started watching for the nostalga factor, but now I find myself very happy on Wednesday nights when that theme song starts! Glad I'm not the only one!

Goofeygal
07-18-2012, 04:54 PM
I was addicted to the old Dallas and also addicted to the new one. It isn't the best acting and all but it does make it feel like old times watching it I love it.

BrowncatP
07-18-2012, 05:34 PM
My husband and I were dating when the great old Dallas was on. I used to kick him out so I could watch the show. I like the new Dallas. It is wonderful to see the old actors back. I too have been to Southfork. It was SO exciting to see the place.