PDA

View Full Version : Tigerinvestigator July Family Trip (Pre-Trip Report)

Tigerinvestigator
07-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Cast:
Me
DW
DD15
DD11(celebrating her 11th Birthday!)
DD8 (celebrating her 8th Birthday!)

We are a Disney family with too many trips to count, even for our 8 year old. We don't usually go in July but have on occasion. High stress jobs have made this trip a necessity for survival!

Plan: Leaving this Saturday extremely early and plan to make St. Augustine before dark. We must eat at the world's best italian food "Pizzalley" in the old city. We plan to leave for WDW early on Sunday July 22.

First night we have reserved a room in the old Tower at the Contemporary resort with a Bay Lake view. This is just one night but something the kids have always wanted. My DW and I honeymooned at the CR more than 17 years ago but this will be the kid's first stay at CR. Really excited about this one night in the tower and MK is open until 2am. Breakfast at Chef Mickey's on Monday morning and then we make the move to our home resort the WDW Dolphin for seven more nights.

We have ADR's at our favorites like Garden Grill, O'Hana during Wishes, The Coral Reef, and then some new places like Fulton's Crab House (my DD's love crab), Rose and Crown, and others.

We will be doing both water parks for the first time. We usually don't but since it is July we are going to take the plunge. Also plan a couple of nights at Disneyquest.

All in all we plan to relax as much as possible, take advantage of the early morning and late nights in the parks and spend alot of time around the pool and on the balcony. I will report upon my return if not sooner!:thumbsup:

faline
07-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Enjoy your trip! Looking forward to reading your reports!

SBETigg
07-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Two great locations, some good ADRs, sounds like a fun plan!

mgmnut
07-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Leave the rest of the world behind and have a Great Trip!!

Dopey's Girl
07-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Sounds like a great time. Have fun!

Mickey'sGirl
07-18-2012, 08:11 PM
I hope you have a fabulous holiday! Your waterpark plans sound great for a July visit!

emerzmom
07-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Wow! Sounds like a great trip. Can't wait to hear all about it when you return.
Hope your trip is magical!
:tink:
Julie

DizNee143
07-19-2012, 08:04 AM
Sounds like its going to be a great trip!!!:mickey:
Jealous you guys are staying in the Contempoary..we honeymooned there in 2008 it was great! We had an MK view..I have always loved that resort..I hope I can get back there one day..:mickey:
Enjoy your vacation..can't wait to read all about it when you return.

slegrant
07-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Sounds like a great trip!!!!! Enjoy:mickey:

DisneyorBust
07-27-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm a bit late joining in but I hope that you have/had a fantastic vacation! :D
Looking forward to your trip reports.

yourmagicalguide
07-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Can't wait to read your trip report! :mickey:

January-2007
08-03-2012, 11:05 AM