PDA

View Full Version : Decorating WDW rooms?

Wolf
07-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Do people still decorate their rooms at WDW? I have done this a few trips years ago at Pop Century and we really liked it, well we are going for 10 days around halloween and was thinking about putting some decorations up in our Port Orleans room. Is that okay still or is that not okay anymore? I wasn't thinking anything creepy or gorey just a few cute pumpkins or something. Just curious <3 :pumpkin:

faline
07-18-2012, 12:39 PM
I remember decorating our cabin when we stayed at Fort Wilderness over Christmas one year. Occastionally, I've seen posters, signs or other decorations on the outside of someone's door. As long a sthe decorations don't create a fire hazard (such as lighted candles) and/or don't mar the property (hanging things on walls with nails etc), I don't think it would be an issue.

MaterializedHaunt
07-19-2012, 12:28 AM
There are a couple companies that do room decorating specifically. They come in and do over the room while your away for any special occasion. Disney knows about these companies and allows them to do this. I had this done in September for my gf's 1st visit and everything went smooth. I called front desk told them this company was coming to do this and advised them that they would need a key. I believe they were only allowed 2 hour gap to do this and all went well and a big jaw-dropper on my gf's face that night after our Hoop-dee-doo! So to your question... yes :D

mickeys_princess_mom
07-19-2012, 10:38 AM
There are a couple companies that do room decorating specifically. They come in and do over the room while your away for any special occasion. Disney knows about these companies and allows them to do this. I had this done in September for my gf's 1st visit and everything went smooth. I called front desk told them this company was coming to do this and advised them that they would need a key. I believe they were only allowed 2 hour gap to do this and all went well and a big jaw-dropper on my gf's face that night after our Hoop-dee-doo! So to your question... yes :D

Never heard of this! What a dream job!!!! Tell us more!! :mickey:

steamboat willy
07-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Staying at Allstar music, we have a large window with a large self outside the curtains. A lot of folks decorate their own windows as well as the Resort Staff. The past trip we even took older Mickey & Minnie stuffed toys and our Grandson finished off with a nice collection of CARS collection. It's always neat on our way in at night to check other window decor. This December, we will definitely be rocking a :tree::ornament::tree:. We have a small Mickey Tree we bought in the Shopping Village a couple years back that will fit nicely. What better way to share the Holiday Spirit! :santa:

MaterializedHaunt
07-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Tell me? Sure! I will just give my experience. I took my gf to Disney and it was her first visit. They told me they need 2-3hours of alone time in the room to get it ready. So after everything was planned months previously. I went to dinner, they went to work on my room and when I got back to the room my gf opened the door up and was shocked! In the corner was a very large sign (which I still have) that said "Celebrating Laura's First Disney World Trip". There were balloons all over the place and streamers. All through out the living room/kitchen (we stayed at OKW 1room) there were decorations and gifts. They had autograph book, mickey pen, fan/spray bottle, lanyard and about 20 things altogether. They were semi hidden so she was going around the room trying to find them all. Each item had a little card what some details about the item in a Disney tone of course. Also left 2 mickey head rice crispy treats on the table with other goodies. We then went to the bedroom and there were more balloons and gifts in there as well as the bed lined with romantic lights. It was very special and she loved it all.
I have a few pictures but I dont think I can post them on these forums? Hmm if I can and someone wants to see the decorated room, just explain how and Ill be glad to. Over all it was a great room decorating. I little pricey but I suppose it comes with the territory. ;)

mickeys_princess_mom
07-19-2012, 10:04 PM
:mickey:
Tell me? Sure! I will just give my experience. I took my gf to Disney and it was her first visit. They told me they need 2-3hours of alone time in the room to get it ready. So after everything was planned months previously. I went to dinner, they went to work on my room and when I got back to the room my gf opened the door up and was shocked! In the corner was a very large sign (which I still have) that said "Celebrating Laura's First Disney World Trip". There were balloons all over the place and streamers. All through out the living room/kitchen (we stayed at OKW 1room) there were decorations and gifts. They had autograph book, mickey pen, fan/spray bottle, lanyard and about 20 things altogether. They were semi hidden so she was going around the room trying to find them all. Each item had a little card what some details about the item in a Disney tone of course. Also left 2 mickey head rice crispy treats on the table with other goodies. We then went to the bedroom and there were more balloons and gifts in there as well as the bed lined with romantic lights. It was very special and she loved it all.
I have a few pictures but I dont think I can post them on these forums? Hmm if I can and someone wants to see the decorated room, just explain how and Ill be glad to. Over all it was a great room decorating. I little pricey but I suppose it comes with the territory. ;)

Sounds so cool! This would definitely be something I would LOVE to do for a living! Thanks for sharing--I never heard of this before!
:wave:

Wolf
07-20-2012, 09:41 AM

That sounds amazing!!! Do you have a brother? ;) kidding! I need to find someone who would do nice stuff like that though! That sounds really cool, I'd def like to see pictures if you figure out how to post em, I have no clue either!