PDA

View Full Version : What's your experience with the Pinocchio Village Haus?

disneymomma2010
07-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Every year I think about eating there but we never do. I just read and awesome blog on it and it really looks like a really neat place to eat. So we are trying it in september. And pointers, advice? What's good?

disneyduggan
07-18-2012, 01:03 AM
I don't remember what we ate, but I remember it being so cute! Isn't that the one where you can look through the window and see Its a small world? Air conditioning too!

Tink#64
07-18-2012, 01:32 AM
We've had lunch there our past couple of trips & we like it as a CS just fine. The menu there now is much like many of the other CS options, not special, but always good & portions are ample! They did revamp their menu a few years back & my favorite - the panini is no longer available. :( I know that last year, two of us got the chicken Caesar salad, and it's the same there as everywhere else on property, I can't remember what DH & younger DS ate. The draw for us is sitting by the window to watch the boats launch in IASW, and we wave to them as they go by. Maybe we're silly, but this appeals to our silly side! :silly: We usually try to get to PVH early as far as lunch goes, maybe 11'ish, it's never crowded & we've always scored a window seat!

A bit of a novelty to me, this is the only WDW restaurant that I know of that does not have a restroom! You have to go outside & there's a MK restroom right next door! I do know that the Sci-Fi Dine In Theater shares a restroom with ABC Commissary, but they share a building. Off topic, sorry, rambling thoughts! :blush: But we do enjoy having lunch at PVH & having the view of IASW & the cozy atmosphere there! Usually a fairly quiet & low key meal! Very enjoyable!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

AgentC
07-18-2012, 08:09 AM
We ate there in May shortly after they added flatbread pizza to the menu.

I had the Caprese flatbread. It was a nice change of pace from burgers and the regular pizza you get at other quick serve. Everyone else got pizza except for my daughter who got breadsticks. I think the food is about what you expect from a quick serve. It was decent but perhaps not memorable. My daughter also got the chocolate gelato which was excellent.

The inside is much bigger than I expected. The a/c is plus.:thumbsup: We got a seat overlooking the IASW boats. The kids loved it and had lots of fun waving at the boats.

If we were in the mood for Italian/pizza, I would definitely eat here again.

disneykid99
07-19-2012, 01:40 PM
I am glad you posted this. We have also never eatten at PVH and think about doing it each trip. The great response people are giving is reminding me that we need to try it in Sept as well. The flatbread pizzas sound good and we have always wanted to sit and wave to the boats - always waving at the people eatting while riding it. Thank you for the reminder :thumbsup:

CanadaLovesDisney
07-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Same here!
We always skip it just because it looks crowded! Perhaps next trip!
Thanks!

Melanie
07-20-2012, 07:48 AM
We enjoy Pinochhio's! Ate there about a month ago and had two of the new flatbreads, which were yummy. Had fun sitting at a table overlooking It's A Small World and waving at the guests riding. I'd say give it a try! :thumbsup:

disneymomma2010
07-20-2012, 11:37 PM
I am glad you posted this. We have also never eatten at PVH and think about doing it each trip. The great response people are giving is reminding me that we need to try it in Sept as well. The flatbread pizzas sound good and we have always wanted to sit and wave to the boats - always waving at the people eatting while riding it. Thank you for the reminder :thumbsup:

Same here!
We always skip it just because it looks crowded! Perhaps next trip!
Thanks!

Your welcome! :thumbsup:

disneymomma2010
07-20-2012, 11:40 PM
It's funny everyone keeps mentioning IASW and in the years past when I get on the ride and look up at those people I kept wonder "where is that?" :blush::secret:

jimsgal05
07-26-2012, 08:01 AM
we are going to try it in Aug and hope to get a table near IASW...now when I ride that ride I will look up... thanks for all the info!!:)

darthmacho
07-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Haven't been since 2003, back when they still served burgers and not pizza, however it has always been a favorite for atmosphere. We were lucky enough to get that window seat each time, but even if you don't the dining room is decorated with murals from the movie. For some reason I find them very entertaining, and I make it a point to walk around and read all of the attached quotes.