PDA

View Full Version : Problems with ADRs for 5

Gator
07-17-2012, 03:56 PM
I've been checking some un-opened emails for the reservations I've made through the online system. To my surprise, I found that three actually state "Your entire party may not be seated together." I called today to see if they had reservations that don't call for separate seating, and they had nothing for the three places I chose over a month ago. Funny that it only happend at Chef de France, Tony's, and Liberty Tavern - not at other places like SciFi, Hollywood&Vine, Chef Mickey's, Le Cellier.

First, why would the online system just throw in separate seating for reservations of 5? Second, does anyone have experience with this? Was it easy for the restaurant to accomodate your family of 5?

BugeyedMuggy
07-17-2012, 03:59 PM
We have been notified of the chance of seperate tables with a party of 6 or more but only once with 8 people at LeCellier years ago did that actually happen to us.

NewDVCowner
07-17-2012, 04:08 PM
On my last trip several of the ADR's said that our party of five may be at different tables. Not once were we sat at different tables, though.

AgentC
07-17-2012, 04:11 PM
We are almost always a party of 5 and I usually have at least one reservation that says we may be seated at different tables. It has never happened.

VWL Mom
07-17-2012, 04:48 PM
I just got one for a table of 3 for our August trip for Kona Cafe. I've gotten them in previous trips but have always been seated together so I'm didn't give it much thought. I don't think the system likes odd numbers.

Tigerinvestigator
07-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Not a problem. We are a party of five who have made dozens and dozens of ADR's that say that and have never had it happen. Pretty much standard fine print when you make your ADR's at certain places. Never seen them split anybody up although during peak holiday periods I guess stranger things have happened.:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-17-2012, 07:06 PM
I don't worry about it anymore. I've gotten this message when booking for 3, 4 and heard from someone who got it when booking for 2!

I think the system must automatically generate it when there isn't a perfect matching table (ie. a party of 5 will most likely be sat at a table for 6).

Even with this message a bunch of times, we've never been separated!

SBETigg
07-17-2012, 07:16 PM
I've gotten those messages even with a party of four. I think it's just a standard disclaimer. I wouldn't worry.

disneyduggan
07-17-2012, 10:13 PM
It happened for our party of 5 at Le Cellier last trip...when we arrived, we inquired and they seated us together with no problem.

This was during the busy month of July too.

Polynesian Dweller
07-18-2012, 11:19 AM
I've gotten those messages even with a party of four. I think it's just a standard disclaimer. I wouldn't worry.

Yep, just a standard disclaimer. Five usually means putting two tables together and they are just giving themselves an out in the off chance they can't. If you were 8 you might haveca concen (not likey), but for a party of 5, it's not a concern and extremely unlikely to happen.

Jared
07-18-2012, 01:42 PM
As others have said, this is standard procedure. Nothing to worry about. I have received that message dozens of times with my family of five. We have never been separated.

buzznwoodysmom
07-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Yep, I've gotten that same message when booking for a party of 5, even a few times when we were just a party of 4! Over the years we have always been seated together.