PDA

View Full Version : hotel for 1 night nearby for driving trip

pamelaprincessP
07-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Can you recommend a hotel near Disney we can stay at that is reasonable, free breakfast, near inexpensive dinner dining options and free wifi. Driving in day before and need a place to stay just one night nearby so we can wake up next morning and check in. Even if it's 30 minutes away. Also, if we get to WDW and our room isn't ready, can't they hold our stuff and put in the room once it's ready while we go to parks?

Strmchsr
07-17-2012, 01:38 PM
In general I do Priceline for those night before arrivals. I've always been able to get a 3 or 4 star room for $50 or less.

Yes, your resort will be able to store your luggage if your room isn't ready. They won't put it in the room for you, though, unless you're there and if your resort has bell service.

buzznwoodysmom
07-17-2012, 02:17 PM
We usually stay at a Disney value resort on our arrival night. I'm sure we can find something cheaper offsite, but I don't feel like bothering. LOL.

I am a little bit picky about hotels and will only stay with brands I've stayed at before and trust. We like Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Epxress, and Courtyard by Marriott. Even with the military discount we usually use at these chain hotels, we can often stay at a value resort on property for the same price, so we just go with the onsite value resort.

pamelaprincessP
07-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Sounds good. Appreciate the info.