PDA

View Full Version : Two families sitting together at TS

disneyfamily05
07-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Planning a summer trip with my family and the family of a friend (traveling together, staying in same resort - different rooms, touring the parks together, etc.). We would like to also sit together at our TS meals. (A lot of together time, I know :grouphug:)

Has anyone every experienced setting this up with reservations, etc. before? Is this even possible? Both families will be on the dining plan - but as I said we are in different rooms paid for with different credit cards. There will be 7 of us total. Thanks for any input or advice.

buzznwoodysmom
07-17-2012, 11:50 AM
We have traveled with extended family, or friends, several times. When traveling with others we always plan TS meals together and we've never had any issues. We have even had groups made up of families who were on the dining plan and some who were not on dining plan.

I think if your group is more than 9 or 10 people you have to call to book ADRs. I remember running into problems trying to book online, the system would only allow me to enter a certain number of guests.

When we are seated we let our server know who is on which ticket, who has dining plan, who is paying out of pocket. The bills come to the table divided into the groups we told them and each group pays for their meal either with dining play, cash, or credit card. For us it's been as simple as that.

TheDuckRocks
07-17-2012, 12:03 PM
I just finished making our ADRs for a party of 9 and with the exception of Yak and Yeti was able to do them all online.

AgentC
07-17-2012, 12:44 PM
We when have had smaller groups 8 or less, I booked it online.

On our last trip, there were 3 families with 4 in each. Everyone ended up booking their own ADR.
When we got to the restaurant, we asked to be seated together and it was not a problem. We told the waiter we would have separate checks. When it came time to pay, we had one family on DDP, one on cash and DDP and one with TIW. There were no issues.

disneymomma2010
07-17-2012, 11:48 PM
When we go we are always a group of 9-14 because my husbands family goes with us. We always decide where we want to eat, Then I handle the reservations. I just go online and put the reservation in my name and get a table for 9 (or 14 if other SIL goes). Not all restaurants require you to call for large groups. I only had to call for one restaurant for our september trip and booked the others online. When you make the reservation it gives you a warning that some of your party may be seated at seperate tables. But that rarely happens and if it does they always set you beside each other.

TheDuckRocks
07-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Evil thought - sometime during our 9 member family group fun trip, I'll probably wish they would seat us at a different table.:thedolls:

wdwfansince75
07-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Noted Agent C's reply...thought you could do more than 4 guests on TIW...wouldn't it have cheaper for the cash payer to do their family on the TIW as well? Just askin'.

Our experience with our usually large group is that most of the resturants can accomodate 8-12 member groups reasonably well....most are limited above 12...but second (or occasionally, third) table is always adjacent...best spot was 10 at the (now defunct) Restuarantasuras ...there is a trailer, which perfectly accomodated us.

SciFi cars can only accomodate 6, and largest table at Garden Grill only handles 6...In general, when calling for ADR's, most venues tend to advise you that they will split up parties of more than 8. Ohana can (and does) accomodate 16 or more. Chef Mickey has several large tables...once had 14 there...a plus is that those tables have a view of MK...makes for a great arrival night dinner before hitting the park. But on other occasions, especially for breakfast, we have had to settle for adjacent tables.
We did Hollywood and Vine at one table for 16 (for a special Christmas Dinner....also did 14 at 1900 Park Faire...although we have also been split up there...Crystal Palace also usually splits us if there are more than 8 of us.