PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy in March 2013 - when to book?

Mendelson
07-17-2012, 10:45 AM
This will be our first cruise of any type (never thought I'd ever take a cruise, but with a young'n and certain things in life being what they are, etc....) and I'm wondering - by when should I book the Fantasy for a Caribbean cruise in March?

If I wait until December will that be safe? Or is this one of those that has a lot of "it depends's?"

marlyn
07-17-2012, 11:35 AM
They are selling out fast! Some weeks have limited cabins. I've booked March 30. I had been booked march 16 and had to switch due to kids school schedules. The 23 and 30th were quite full already. Also....the last 2 weeks in march are much more expensive due to Easter!
Book soon!

Jeffybob
09-01-2012, 03:09 PM
We're sailing 4/20/2013 and have been booked since 11/2011.

The earlier you book the better your stateroom selection is for one and two, pricing can definately fluctuate depending on demand.

To book, you are required to put down a per person deposit to hold your stateroom with the total balance due 90 days before sailing.

Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Owner since '98) :mickey:

2011 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2010 - BWV - Valentine's Day
2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB
1998 - BWV, Swan

MarkC
09-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Also, this is spring break time and Disney cruises normally sell out anyway. The sooner you book the better, and the longer you wait its probably you'll end up paying a higher price than right now.

wdwnutz
09-02-2012, 11:54 AM
We are sailing on the Dream 5/5/13 and just booked a week ago. We had a hard time getting the room we wanted. We are traveling with another family, which made it a little bit harder because we wanted to be near each other or better yet connecting...but after a little while of our AAA agent working with Disney we finally got connecting rooms in on deck 9. This is my very first cruise too! Any tips or info about cruising with 4 adults, DD19 & DS6 would be much appreciated! :mickey:

sara114
09-03-2012, 08:47 AM
First of all; with 4 adults ,19yr, and 6 yr...you will not be able to everything together. It would ruin the vacation for everyone. I went with a family before who tried and it was very stressful to get everyone together to do things. This is a vacation and time to make memories. Be comfortable and allow the 19 yr to do things on their own. The 6 yr old will love the kids club and never want to leave. Take the time to enjoy the adults only section of the boat when the little one is in the club.
When it gets closer; make sure to check out all the posts about little hints to make the cruise and cabin better. ( like take power strip, over the door shoe organizer, extra blank gift card to leave the lights on, etc)
You will soon become a cruise - aholic !

BrerGnat
09-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Do you have to go in March? For your first ever cruise, I'd probably recommend trying for a less popular time, because those ships are huge and can hold a lot of people. Sailing on a full ship is something I'd not recommend to a first time cruiser. Especially if you are looking forward to Castaway Cay...the water will be quite cold in March! We were there a couple weeks ago and the water was actually kind of chilly. The day we were there it was only about 80 and partly cloudy and the ocean felt cold when we first got in.

We just took our first Disney cruise on the Dream on Aug 19. The ship was about 65% full. I can't imagine it at 100% capacity!!! We got a great deal just three weeks out. It was a military discount, by they were also offering general population GTY category discounts at a HUGE savings (like, 50%). If at all possible, I recommend taking this approach and waiting until the last minute, which is what we plan to do in the future. However, it wouldn't work for a high season time when the ships are likely to be full.

If you absolutely must go in March, book NOW. The ships sail full for most of spring break time.

DizneyRox
09-03-2012, 09:19 AM
For a cruise the earlier you book the better. More choices are available the earlier you book. Used to be pricing went up the closer to the sail date you book, but it appears that they set a price and abide by it, but as the categories sell out the prices go up (people usually book the cheaper cabins first).