PDA

View Full Version : Best Food item from EPCOT Counter Service

disneyduggan
07-17-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm really struggling with where to eat at EPCOT. So many of the offerings from counter service look good! Maybe we will just graze...already have so many ADRs for other days.

What are your favorite counter service food items at EPCOT?

Madame Leona
07-17-2012, 02:26 AM
I'm partial to the Fish and Chips in England. Also, you just can't go wrong with the bakeries in France and Norway.

RALPH
07-17-2012, 05:01 AM
Ditto Fish and Chips. It has become our family tradition to always have our first WDW meal here.

retiredfigment
07-17-2012, 07:59 AM
Fish and chips.

Mickey'sGirl
07-17-2012, 08:26 AM
The Tangierine Cafe in Morocco is my favourite. I usually get the Lamb Shawarma platter ... it comes with some really fabulous couscous and hummus. My son likes the meatball sandwich. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ginger19
07-17-2012, 08:41 AM
I'll second Morocco! We used to do the Fish and Chips every time but DH dragged me (literally) to Morocco this past November and the food was amazing. I thought we got a good amount of food for the money too. It's a new favorite CS spot for us :thumbsup:

ILoveMickey'77
07-17-2012, 08:44 AM
I love the Tacos de Carne from La Cantina de San Angel. In fact, on our last trip we had them 3 times and even left Hollywood Studios just to get them.

I also like the Slow-roasted Pork Chop at Sunshine Seasons. If you are on the Counter Service Dining Plan, it's definitely a good use of your credit.

Checkers
07-17-2012, 08:52 AM
We like Sunshine Seasons in the Land. It has a nice variety and you get your money's worth.

MNNHFLTX
07-17-2012, 09:33 AM
That would be he Tangierine Cafe for me too. Very good food, friendly service and ample portions. :thumbsup:

Melanie
07-17-2012, 09:51 AM
That would be he Tangierine Cafe for me too. Very good food, friendly service and ample portions. :thumbsup:

Funny how much we like the CS better than the TS. ;)

Just had a chicken wrap from here the other day. Couscous and lentil salad sides were yummy!

I also like the Asian offerings from Sunshine Seasons. Usually fits the bill for a good quick CS.

SBETigg
07-17-2012, 09:51 AM
So many good things! We like to graze and split meals so that we can try more. I like Mexico's offerings, Tangierine Cafe, the fish and chips (though honestly, have had better fish and chips), the scotch egg in the Rose and Crown pub area, used to love the Japan meals too but I haven't been since they changed the venue.

The Food and Wine festival is great but I always end up missing out on some of my favorite WS offerings in exchange. I love to go at different times of year.

LandFan
07-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Really I agree with what everyone above has said! Fish & Chips in UK, Tangerine Cafe in Morocco, Norway and France bakeries and Sunshine Seasons! Those are exactly where we eat most trips!!

laprana
07-17-2012, 11:33 AM
I'll add another vote for the CS places in Mexico and Morocco! The empanadas at La Cantina de San Angel are probably my favorite CS meal in all 4 parks! :tasty:

MNNHFLTX
07-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Funny how much we like the CS better than the TS. ;)
Ugh, no mystery there! :shake:

And I forgot to add--the wraps are very good there. :tasty:

#1donaldfan
07-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Yorkshire Fishe Shoppe's fish n chips !!!! :mickey::number1::cool:

Melanie
07-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Just wanted to add my good words for Katsura Grill in Japan. So good! Love the California Roll and Tsukemen Combo. The cold noodles are so refreshing on a hot day.

Mickey'sGirl
07-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Ugh, no mystery there! :shake:

And I forgot to add--the wraps are very good there. :tasty:They really are. Superior food in my opinion.

joonyer
07-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Another vote for Tangierine cafe. The food is really excellent, and it's a different menu. I was unsure about trying it before our first visit there, but now make it a point to go there everytime we are at Epcot. I like the wraps.

azcavalier
07-17-2012, 12:56 PM
It's just so subjective...

We love pretty much all those places mentioned.

I would add that we felt that for the money, and certainly compared to other CS places in Epcot, you just don't get all that much food at the Cantina de San Angel. It's good, but we left hungry, which never happens at England, Sunshine Seasons, Japan, France, or Morocco.

Gator
07-17-2012, 03:37 PM
I like the Fish&Chips AND Tangeriene Cafe's Gyros/Meat Wraps. They're both really good.

EpcotFan182
07-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Oh the bakery in Norway is AMAZING...so many delicious treats!! :tasty:

barnaby
07-17-2012, 07:16 PM
I also like the Slow-roasted Pork Chop at Sunshine Seasons. If you are on the Counter Service Dining Plan, it's definitely a good use of your credit.

Another vote for the pork chop!!

missastrocat
07-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Another vote for the Fish & Chips.

I also like the Katsura Grill(Japan) for lunch. The food is really good and light while also eating in a very quite area of EPCOT. Great views of giant golf ball too.

Pop Centurion
07-21-2012, 02:57 PM
I like the Tacos de Pollo from La Cantina & the Fish & Chips from Yorkshire House. Even though they have Salmon everywhere in WDW, I really enjoy the Oak Grilled Salmon with Kalamata olive Pesto at Sunshine Seasons also.

Dopey's Girl
07-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Fish and chips, anything from the French bakery or Sunshine Seasons.

I'm counting the days until I get another quiche from France. Yum!

lawgirl
07-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Morocco and France are our favorites! Morocco has amazing CS, and the food has always been excellent.

And the French pastries and desserts are top notch. I love getting champagne and dessert and watching the fireworks!

Mexico and China also have good CS choices. And love the brats in Germany.

Alot of times we'll get kids meals at each of those countries or share an adult meal and work our way around. The food is soooo good in Epcot!

chefmickey3
07-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Noway bakery for dessert!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-22-2012, 10:44 AM
This one is easy, Fish n Chips at the UK Pavilion

MaterializedHaunt
07-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Im big on the Mexican style food so, La Cantina de San Angel is great for me, love that Nacho platter! It's went a little downhill with the new chips they started doing 2 years ago but its still really good, plus there is alot more seating inside and outside now. Also The Land had that facelift and I heard that breakfast is very good from my parents when they went last year.

Jared
07-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Another vote here for Tangierine Cafe. I think it's the best counter-service restaurant in any of the four parks. The schwarma platters are wonderful.

CanadaLovesDisney
07-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Germany brautwurst MMMMMmmmmm!
Sauerkraut and extra mustard so good!:mickey:

ANG
07-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Nachos in Mexico. Those babies are loaded!

MinnieMommie
07-22-2012, 08:15 PM
I am never at a loss for good CS food at Epcot. My usual stops are at UK, Japan, France and Sunshine Seasons. :thumbsup:

yourmagicalguide
07-25-2012, 04:16 PM

DH and I love Sunshine Seasons in The Land. We ate breakfast there several times on our last couple trips and loved everything we ordered! We would really like to also try lunch and dinner as the selections sound very delicious (i.e. Oak-grilled Rotisserie Chicken, Slow-roasted pork chop with cheddar mashed potatoes, Sweet and Sour Chicken with Jasmine rice, the list goes on and on)! :thumbsup:

Another favorite is the Yakitori House in Japan. They have great Teriyaki Chicken and Salmon that you can either get alone or with steamed vegetables and rice. I usually order one of the teriyaki meats (no veggies or rice) with a side salad because the salad comes with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red cabbage, and carrot topped with ginger dressing. Yum! :tasty:

TinkerbellT421
07-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Another vote for the fish and chips! :mickey::number1: or anything in Sunshine Seasons.

AllDisney
07-25-2012, 05:46 PM
We also love the fish & chips that your can get in England:blush:

Wolf
07-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Yall have convinced me to try fish and chips next trip!! lol

My personal menu for CS in Epcot would start out with

NORWAY :cloud9: Ham and apple sandwich, salad with bleu cheese and a school bread for desert.

GERMANY: Bratwurst, saurkraut, bun thing *Drool* then the black forrest cake spin wheel thing

Everything else I usually graze and eat from Food and Wine fest snacks but give those two a try, I'm drooling and 64 days away from eating both :pig:

mdricks
07-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Germany brautwurst MMMMMmmmmm!
Sauerkraut and extra mustard so good!:mickey:

Boom!! Same here. With a shot of jager and a cold stein. Gotta love it!

:number1:

azcavalier
07-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Can I add...

...pretty much every dessert at the Boulangerie Patisserie! We especially love the Napoleon.

My BIL, who has spent plenty of time abroad in French territories, said that the pastries at the Boulangerie Patisserie are the closest he's had to the real thing. And, since they're actually made by french chefs and he's been away from French bakeries for 15 years, I would say that he probably remembers those pastries being better than they really were.

IamBelle
07-27-2012, 04:00 PM
I LOVE the Tangerine Cafe's Lamb and Chicken Shawarma combo platter! I cannot go to Epcot without getting one of those!! I also love the Fish and Chips in the UK. For dessert, I also like the bakery in Norway for the school bread.

BhamWriter
07-30-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm a bit surprised at all the votes for the fish and chips. Cooke's, next to Raglan Road, is much better.

My favorites at Epcot are the Orange Chicken in China, brats in Germany, and most anything at bakery in France.

yourmagicalguide
07-30-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm a bit surprised at all the votes for the fish and chips. Cooke's, next to Raglan Road, is much better.

I was a little surprised, too. I don't know of any other Quick Service location where you can get fried fish in Epcot, so maybe that's why it's so appealing :shrug:

I don't dislike the food there - I just wouldn't tell someone to go out of their way to get it.

I have always wanted to try the fish and chips at Cooke's of Dublin, but they're always packed (obviously, for good reason). We'll make more of an effort to get in next time :thumbsup:

SandmanGStefani24
08-01-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm really struggling with where to eat at EPCOT. So many of the offerings from counter service look good! Maybe we will just graze...already have so many ADRs for other days.

Shwarma or lamb wraps from Tangerine Cafe are amazing! Fish and Chips from the UK are great too! Also love the ham and cheese croissant in France.

johnO
08-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Can I add...

...pretty much every dessert at the Boulangerie Patisserie! We especially love the Napoleon.

Had the Napoleon for the first time on our last trip. So good!!!! Can't wait to get another!

Boom!! Same here. With a shot of jager and a cold stein. Gotta love it!

:number1:

Love the Bratwurst and beer in Germany!!

beksy
08-02-2012, 12:41 AM
We are, I think, in the minority and do more TS than CS (its just easier with Mom and on her). So our CS favorites are typically snacks :mickey: The keylime pie at Sunshine Seasons is great, and this is one place that we do enjoy the CS sometimes while waiting for Soarin. In WS we tend to head to Norway and get the School Bread and Rice pudding plus another dessert to split among the three of us. Those are the only repeats we really have...I'm hoping to try some more on the next trip since we'll have fewer ADR's at TS.