PDA

View Full Version : Just Returned - Short Visit

Tick-Tock
07-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Spent part of Sunday and Monday at DLR because we were in LA to end a cross-country road trip (which likely will be the subject of a separate trip report in the "other vacations" area). It seemed relatively uncrowded to me; nothing like one of our previous trips when it was not possible to move in DL and we ended up leaving the park entirely. We managed to hit most attractions that were new to DLR since our last visit, which was nearly 7 years ago, as well as to revisit some old favorites. Particularly, we went on Star Tours 4 times (DH is a big Star Wars fan) and enjoyed it a lot. But one of the best moments was riding BTM during the fireworks show.

We were very impressed by the new Cars Land -- as everyone says, wonderful theming. We enjoyed the atmosphere yesterday afternoon and went back to admire the neon at night. Didn't try for Radiator Springs Racers on Sunday because FPs were gone before we got to DCA and the wait was about 2 hours (1 hour for the single rider line). Instead, we got to DCA before opening this morning (unfortunately, it was an early admission day for resort guests, but what can you do?) and shuffled our way with the rest of the crowd right to RS. Took the single rider line (20-minute wait) and were lucky enough to sit in the same car. Loved this ride and look forward to going again when the lines hopefully lessen a bit. Decided to skip the other two Cars Land rides because the wait times were just too long. Something for next time!

We then went to Toy Story Mania before heading to DL just before 9 a.m. At that point, FPs for RS were already between 5 and 6 p.m., and the line for FPs still stretched from the FP machines to around the side of the Carthay Theater building (about as long as the line had been well before the park opened). I've never seen a FP line like it!

It was sad to have to leave so quickly, but even a short visit to Disney is better than no visit.

faline
07-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Sorry the crowds kept you from some of what you wanted to do!!

VWL Mom
07-27-2012, 08:16 PM
No way I would have waited on a FP line like that either. I guess you'll just have to plan another trip when the RS lines die down. :mickey: