PDA

View Full Version : Budgeting

DisneyRPh
07-17-2012, 12:24 AM
I have a nice Orlando trip coming up in September. (I can't wait! :mickey:) I am working on my budget more and more as I get closer to the trip. I’ve got things like parking, transportation to Universal, ect, all accounted for. What are some last-minute things that you forget to budget for? I know my last trip I forgot to get my tips for housekeeping, and I’m sure everyone online here has some good stories!

faline
07-17-2012, 07:25 AM
I find arrival day and departure day to be a bit heavy on tips. There are tips for the person who drives you from the off-site parking space to the airport; tips for those who handle your bags at the airport; tips for the limo or Magical Express bus driver; and tips for the person who delivers your bags to your room - reverse the process on your way home.

Be sure you have set aside money for souveneirs and snacks. If you don't purchase bottled water on the way to Disney, you might find buying water in the parks to be a bit expensive so plan for that.

Are you traveling with children? If so, will you be doing a hair wrap? A caricature? Temporary tatoo?

CMCTxMom
07-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Airport parking (or transportation). I'm always in denial as to how much that will cost.

BrerGnat
07-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Airport parking (or transportation). I'm always in denial as to how much that will cost.

I was just going to say the same thing! I always forget that when we head home, we have one more thing to pay for on the way.

Also, if you're flying, budget for some spending in the airport to and from. Buying bottled water, a magazine, snack, etc. adds up fast in there!

eandrsmom
07-17-2012, 08:12 AM
We always board our pets at the vet when we travel. It's always my last Disney bill that I have to pay. (When we return home.) If you have young children and want to rent a stroller, you'll need to budget for that too. Also, because of our little ones, we end up purchasing balloons and those light up toys at the evening parades. I would agree with the previous posts, buy a case of water. If you purchase water in the parks, it will be much more expensive.

BrerGnat
07-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Save yourself the hassle of buying a case of water and buy a BOBBLE filtered water bottle. $10 at Target. Fill up with water fountain or tap water from your hotel room--->Save BIG money at Disney! Removes the yucky FL water taste!

We used one of these on our last trip, and now I never leave the house without it. :thumbsup:

DisneyRPh
07-17-2012, 11:30 PM
I've never heard of it...I'll have to head into target and check it out. Any issues bringing them into the park with you? Be nice to fill up at a drinking fountain!

BrerGnat
07-18-2012, 08:11 AM
I've never heard of it...I'll have to head into target and check it out. Any issues bringing them into the park with you? Be nice to fill up at a drinking fountain!

Just Google it. It's a basic clear BPA free plastic bottle. The top is a pop top with a built in charcoal filter. When it's time to change the filter, you buy a new top for $5 (every 3 months or so). The tops come in lots of different colors.

I get mine at Target. They come in a couple different sizes. I've also seen them at Bed Bath and Beyond, and also at our local supermarket (Harris Teeter). Target has the lowest price on it, though.

There are no issues with bringing it into the parks, as it is literally JUST a water bottle and it's totally clear.

DisneyDINK
07-18-2012, 11:03 AM
I've heard some posters bringing a stack of envelopes labeled for tips, Mousekeeping, ME, skycap, etc. I think I'll give that a try this trip. Just getting enough small bills at the bank (1s & 5s) will help you maintain your tipping budget.

I like to order some groceries online and have them delivered to the resort on my first day. It stops me from having to hunt around for stuff at the parks and stay on budget. I usually order some snacks, fruit, bottled water, gatorade, soda and drink mixers. (of course if you get a refillable mug that changes the strategy.) Pack a bottle of wine or hooch in your checked bags and you'll save a lot. I believe you can even have beer delivered now, but I think you have to be present at time of delivery, so I don't think I'll do that.

Plan on doing laundry at WDW? Bring a bit of detergent from home in a zip-lock or tupperware.

Dopey's Girl
07-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Save yourself the hassle of buying a case of water and buy a BOBBLE filtered water bottle. $10 at Target. Fill up with water fountain or tap water from your hotel room--->Save BIG money at Disney! Removes the yucky FL water taste!

We used one of these on our last trip, and now I never leave the house without it. :thumbsup:

This! I love my BOBBLE! I had a britta one too, but the BOBBLE is bigger and I like the filter better.