PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Concierge

Jen C.
07-16-2012, 10:10 PM
We are returning to WDW the end of August, and currently have BC CL booked. We are considering changing, as we have stayed several times at BC already. The other options include Boardwalk CL, Yacht Club CL, Poly CL, and Contemporary Atrium (which we stayed once). Can anyone recommend one CL over the others, and why?

We are a party of five...3 kids, 6, 11, and 12.

jmj18
07-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Hi...

My favorite is the Poly CL...did not care for Yacht Club CL...

Would like to try Boardwalk next time...

:mickey:

BrerGnat
07-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Of the ones you listed, I've done BC and BWI concierge. I did not care for the BWI as a whole, but the CL was pretty good for ADULTS. They had NO kids foods available ever, really. Whereas, Beach Club always had basic stuff like sliced apples, pb&j cups and rolls, and more kid friendly food choices in general, everything at BWI seemed to have a Mediterranean influence, and I think most of the food came from Kouzzina downstairs. It was good, but I would definitely not return there with kids.

Really, don't choose a CL based on what the CL experience will be like. Choose based on the ENTIRE resort. All the lounges offer similar things. I'd say the Poly probably has the largest lounge with the best view, followed by Contemporary. However, for us, the Beach Club as a resort far surpasses both of those.

I think you'll be happy at any of those resorts, but maybe think twice about the Boardwalk. My opinion is that if you are choosing to stay in that area with kids, go with the Beach Club because it is better overall (has the better pool, kids club onsite, etc.)

MaterializedHaunt
07-18-2012, 01:30 PM
I've only stayed at the Poly CL once or twice. And to be honest it was so beautiful! The view over 7 Seas Lagoon is breath taking! The food was very nice and filling. I dont know what you get with other CL's but I assume the same? There is 2 lvls of the CL and the upper has a library seating area which overlooks the first. (if my memory serves me correct. And it's just overall very nice atmosphere. And how can you say no to the Poly :P It's only the BEST resort out there! :cloud9: Oh just remember.... Electric Water Pageant!!! Great View!
- MaterializedHaunt :hmghost:

wdwaggie
08-08-2012, 03:12 PM
We really enjoyed the CL at WL. Food was unique and beer was cold. Pleanty of choices for the young ones too! Some of my best memories of the trip were enjoying a light snack sitting with my DW!

Maleficent's Dad
08-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Really, don't choose a CL based on what the CL experience will be like. Choose based on the ENTIRE resort. All the lounges offer similar things. I'd say the Poly probably has the largest lounge with the best view
I agree with BrerGnat's post. Poly has the best lounge (and morning tropical juice!), but we do not care for the resort. BWI's food was heavy on the Mediterranean influence...

YC's lounge is smaller than the others. We go for the resort and location. CL is just an added plus!

Jen C.
08-12-2012, 02:26 AM
I totally agree that the choice shouldn't be based soley on the CL offerings, but rather the overall resort. They are just all equal to us, and that particular selling feature may "tip us" one way or the other!!
We did decide to split things up and are staying at Contemporary for the first three nights, and BC the last 4. Can't wait! :mickey:

Imalismom
08-12-2012, 08:45 AM
I have done CL at Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Beach club and Yacht Club.

My rankings for them are:

1. Wilderness Lodge
2. Grand Floridian
3. Beach club
4. Yacht Club

I am not ranking on the food or the IPO planning office, as it it almost a 4 way tie - I am ranking on the service, the helpfulness of the staff once on site, and the size of the lounge itself.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

Mousemates
08-12-2012, 11:01 PM
We have stayed CL three times. Our favorite for the variety of food and extra attention given to us was at the Grand Floridian. However, my personal favorite ( when you take in things like the overall resort enjoyment and total cost) was the WL...I think you get the most bang for your buck there. The BC CL was not all that impressive to us.