PDA

View Full Version : Best SNACK options with the dining plan.

goofynmd
07-16-2012, 10:03 PM
This will be the first time we are using the dining plan for our family trip (me, DH, DS7 and DS3). What items do people find to be the best value that count as snacks on the dining plan? We have the free Quick service plan as we are staying at Art of Animation.

BayLaker25
07-17-2012, 08:05 AM
I believe you can still use them for a Turkey leg which is the best value with how much food it is...they may have changed it tho not sure...I also like using it for crapes at the stand in France!

steamboat willy
07-17-2012, 11:48 AM
I save some of our snack credits for the bag almonds and cashews from the candy store on Main Street or DTD. They are great for the 10 hour drive home and Beyond! Keeps the Disney Magic around for a while.

#1donaldfan
07-17-2012, 12:00 PM
The best (tastiest) snack options are the muffins !!! :mickey:

IamBelle
07-18-2012, 01:22 PM
I use my snack credits mainly for the amazing desserts at WDW. The cupcakes at Starring Rolls are big enough to be an entire meal!

Jared
07-18-2012, 01:30 PM
All four parks offer so many wonderful ways to use snack credits!

At the Magic Kingdom, I recommend the ice cream cookie sandwiches, offered at both the Main Street Bakery and Sleepy Hollow. Dole whips and citrus swirls are also delicious options.

In Epcot, nearly all the World Showcase pavilions have little restaurants and kiosks with snack possibilities. The French and Norwegian bakeries come to mind immediately (school bread, anybody?), but I also like the tiramisu in Italy, the pretzels in Germany and the funnel cakes in the American Adventure. The dessert section at Sunshine Seasons has some nice snacks as well, including a killer strawberry shortcake.

In Hollywood Studios, it begins and ends with the cupcakes at Starring Rolls. I like the red velvet cheesecake and the chocolate peanut butter, but I hear good things about the Butterfinger as well.

At Animal Kingdom, you can't go wrong with the treats at the Kusafiri Bakery in Africa.

Happy snacking!

Pop Centurion
07-18-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't always consider price as the best value but size instead. I tend to use the credits on snacks that are big enough to share. Usually it's the ice cream cookie sandwich, carrot cake, & cinnamon rolls from the Main Street Bakery. School Bread From the Kringla Bakery in Epcot.
I haven't tried it yet but I hear the Strawberry Shortcake at Sunshine Seasons is delicious & plenty big enough to share.

Dyanna
07-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Were gonna use our points for eating around the world during the F & W festival.

Gator
07-18-2012, 05:55 PM
A fair warning: there's a lot of people mentioning food at World Showcase, but most of it isn't on the DDP. That includes treats from Norway, Germany, and France by my experience.

We always like getting a giant popcorn, a mickey ice cream bar, dole whips, and those maple almonds.

Pop Centurion
07-18-2012, 08:19 PM
A fair warning: there's a lot of people mentioning food at World Showcase, but most of it isn't on the DDP. That includes treats from Norway, Germany, and France by my experience.Sure they are. Most everything mentioned in this thread can be used as a snack credit, Not sure about the turkey leg but AFAIK it's not.

madhatterrules
07-18-2012, 09:33 PM
We love to use the snack credits for the Dole Whips in MK, awesome smoothies also at MK in tomorrow land, ice cream at Edy's in EPCOT, pastries or desserts at Starring Rolls in Hollywood Studios (the tiramiso cup is to die for). The frozen lemonade was good too. A bowl of fresh fruit from the counter service in the resort (my husband used that as his breakfast most days), any of the wonderful treats in EPCOT. Chocolate croissants! The wonderful beignets at POFQ or
You can also use it for a bottle of water but with all the other choices we use it for the higher priced snacks and buy water. :thumbsup:

Dr. Disney
07-19-2012, 01:09 AM
Were gonna use our points for eating around the world during the F & W festival.

DITTO :number1:

goofynmd
07-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Thanks everyone. I never realized how many amazing options there were. Having young kids, we haven't made it through the World Showcase in Epcot the last few trips. I am really hoping that we can spend some time there this trip. I am hoping the musical entertainment (and yummy snacks) will keep them occupied.

I am embarrased to admit, :blush: that in all of my trips I have yet to try a Dole whip. It is a must do on this trip.

TheDuckRocks
07-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Cupcakes!:eat:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Dole Whip Floats and Cinnamon-Rolls-As-Big-As-Your-Head (as we shall forever call them) are the first ones that pop into my mind! Our faves!!!
:cloud9:

madhatterrules
07-19-2012, 10:59 AM
FYI- the kids will find many character greetings in World Showcase and they can do an activity at each country at the Kidcot Fun spots, you can also get "passports" that are fun for the kids to get stamps in and have cast members from the country sign the page.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
07-19-2012, 11:48 AM
On our last trip we stayed at POR. One afternoon after a pool break I went into the food court and asked, and found out to my surprise, that I could use a snack credit on a malt/shake. Family was surprised when I came back to the pool with malts for everyone. Heading back in Nov, so I'll be hitting that again.

I think the turkey leg might be a counter service credit. We ate at Starring Rolls but there was a turkey leg booth just down from it and I want to say it was a CS.

Basically the rule of thumb is that if the snack is $4 or less, you can probably use it as a DDP snack.

Another vote for the ice cream cookie sandwiches at MK. We found them by accident as we were exiting the park, so thought we'd (dw and myself) get one quick. They practically had to toss us out of the park it took so long to finish.

disneykid99
07-19-2012, 01:28 PM
We also often go for what can be shared, too - popcorn, pretzels, muffins and fruit (for breakfast). We seem to get the most bang for our credits that way. We normally have snack credits left over at the end of our trip to get some treats for the ride home. We have used the QS plan and found it to be a ton of food. We are using it agan in Sept. We like not being tied down to reservations. I hope you enjoy it.

PS - We are staying at AoA too (shhh - its a suprise for the kids).

SBETigg
07-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Yak and Yeti quick service in the Animal Kingdom has chicken fried rice for a snack credit and two spring rolls for a snack credit. I get one, husband gets the other, we split and it's enough to make a meal.

I love the crepes in France World Showcase, snack credit. Also good if one person gets a crepe, another person gets the ice cream in France (also snack credit) and you share both together, yum.

A Big Kid
07-19-2012, 06:53 PM
A fair warning: there's a lot of people mentioning food at World Showcase, but most of it isn't on the DDP. That includes treats from Norway, Germany, and France by my experience.

What?!:confused:

Of course, they are.

mc mouse
07-20-2012, 09:01 PM
I've used snack credits in the past for onion rings at Flame Tree in AK. Greasy, but oh so good!

disneymomma2010
07-20-2012, 11:31 PM
I believe you can still use them for a Turkey leg which is the best value with how much food it is...they may have changed it tho not sure...I also like using it for crapes at the stand in France!

Turkey legs are actually a counter service. My husband gets one every year. I think anything under $4 can be used as a snack credit. We filled up on some yummy treats at the karamel kouch (spelling?) last year. Also if we have any left over when we check out we add them up for breakfast before we leave if we dont have any counter services left or rack up on treats for the road.