PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used David's Vacation Club Rentals?

Guya103
07-16-2012, 07:26 PM
I think I may have waited too long as we leave next week (booking at the last minute) but came across this site and have never rented points before. Is this safe and have you used his service? Thanks!:mickey:

CMCTxMom
07-16-2012, 07:32 PM
I've seen posts from several people saying they've used the Time Share Store (Intercot sponsor) with great results. I found an owner through an online message board that is widely used and rented directly from them. Sent the deposit today! :)

tinkman
07-17-2012, 06:29 AM
Yes...go for it! My SIL has used Dave's site 4 times and have always got the resort, room type and dates that she wanted. No hassles, no worries, no problems. Plus it is a really good price for the resorts.

Quadstriker
07-17-2012, 03:28 PM
I've used Dave. Very easy to deal with.

emerzmom
07-17-2012, 08:25 PM
I have used them. All good.
:tink:
Julie

BugeyedMuggy
07-20-2012, 01:54 PM
We just did for the first time with no problem. He is out of Canada so if you don't have international chaging on your CC you may have to pay ICF's.

PetefromRI
07-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Davids worked great for us.If you use a Capital One card there are no charges for international use.Very smooth,just like booking a regular room.Great price for a deluxe resort!

Quadstriker
07-22-2012, 04:47 PM
I'm currently in email correspondence with The Timeshare Store regarding renting points, so when that's done, I'll be able to compare the two (Dave and TTS).

emerzmom
07-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Quad striker: I would be interested to hear what you find in your search.
Julie

VWL Mom
07-24-2012, 07:01 AM
Quad striker: I would be interested to hear what you find in your search.
Julie

:ditto:

Quadstriker
07-24-2012, 09:54 PM
I'd love to tell you, but so far it's a blank. Three days so far to reply to my email from The Timeshare Store. Hmm...

That's one thing I can say for sure about David's. He was like clockwork getting answers and working with him was a pleasure.

I wanted to give TTS my business this time, since they sponsor Intercot and all, but I can't wait forever. If they don't answer me within the next couple of days I'll just use Dave again.

Quadstriker
07-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Whoops.

They did reply to me and it got sent to my spam folder. So my previous comment about not getting a response was a mistake.

Unfortunately, I didn't like what they had to say =( I had asked for the 14th through 21st.

"Thanks for your email. I checked availability for your travel dates. Nothing available for all 7 nights in any size villa at any DVC resort. Best options available are a studio at Saratoga Springs for the nights of the 15th, 16th and 17 using 42 points or the same nights at Animal Kingdom, Savanna View, studio using 48 pts. If you would consider a 1 b/r, SSR has 5 nights available check-in 10/14 and check out 10/19 using 135 points. Let me know your thoughts."

BugeyedMuggy
07-26-2012, 06:58 PM
David's just sent us an email for dates in Aug. for $7.00 a point at SSR only tho. Great deal .

VWL Mom
07-27-2012, 07:36 AM
Whoops.

They did reply to me and it got sent to my spam folder. So my previous comment about not getting a response was a mistake.

Unfortunately, I didn't like what they had to say =( I had asked for the 14th through 21st.

"Thanks for your email. I checked availability for your travel dates. Nothing available for all 7 nights in any size villa at any DVC resort. Best options available are a studio at Saratoga Springs for the nights of the 15th, 16th and 17 using 42 points or the same nights at Animal Kingdom, Savanna View, studio using 48 pts. If you would consider a 1 b/r, SSR has 5 nights available check-in 10/14 and check out 10/19 using 135 points. Let me know your thoughts."

Good to know that they did get back to you.