PDA

View Full Version : Feelings on Liberty Tree Tavern

Guya103
07-16-2012, 05:16 PM
We are looking for a good place to dine on our upcoming trip to Disney this August in the MK. There are six of us and we will have two family members who live in FL joining us for the day making eight total. What are your thougts on LTT? Should we make a reservation for here or is there something you think would be better? Thanks!

BrerGnat
07-16-2012, 05:22 PM
I like LTT for lunch, not so much dinner. However, if your family likes thanksgiving type comfort food, this is a good option in the MK for a large group, as the dinner is served "family style."

If you are set on eating a TS restaurant in the MK, this is one of the better options, IMO.

buzznwoodysmom
07-16-2012, 05:28 PM
We've had dinner at LTT twice. Once was way back when they had characters at dinner, the second time was just last Christmas. The menu differed just a bit from our first time eating here, but we enjoyed the meal both times.

Personally I'd rather exit MK and have dinner at one of the monorail resorts, but if you want to stay in the park, I think LTT is a good option. We had no complaints on either visit.

Guya103
07-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Thank you for your replies. We usually go to O'hana and Kona Cafe on MK days for TS meals but we did think staying in the park may be a better option for this particular day.

MNNHFLTX
07-16-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm with Natalie--I favor LTT for lunch (a la carte menu) rather than the the family-style supper. (Not that the food at supper is bad, I just don't tend to go for all-you-can-eat fare, and there is also a lot of waste--a pet peeve of mine.) The lunch menu has some excellent options; I've had the Freedom Pasta and the Colony Salad before and found both very tasty.

joonyer
07-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Other than Liberty Tree, its not like you have many choices for TS in the MK. There's Tony's (inconsistent and just not that good when it is good) Crystal Palace (buffet style) and Plaza (sandwiches and burgers). Oh yeah, There's Cindy's Royal table (way overated and vastly overpriced). LTT is probably your best bet if you want to stay in the park for TS.
Hoepfully, "Be our Guest" we be a great new TS place for MK when it opens.

Pop Centurion
07-16-2012, 06:57 PM
We always enjoy LTT even if all the food isn't "homemade" ;)
I think it's a good place for your family to gather & enjoy a meal. The newer Johnny Appleseed cake is delicious too.

AgentC
07-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Another vote for LTT for lunch. We usually do a late lunch here around 2:45 or later. There are quite a few good lunch options and it is always very quiet because most people have eaten or are watching the afternoon parade. Then we do a quick serve either in the park or our resort for a late dinner.

CMCTxMom
07-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Other than Liberty Tree, its not like you have many choices for TS in the MK. There's Tony's (inconsistent and just not that good when it is good) Crystal Palace (buffet style) and Plaza (sandwiches and burgers). Oh yeah, There's Cindy's Royal table (way overated and vastly overpriced). LTT is probably your best bet if you want to stay in the park for TS.
Hoepfully, "Be our Guest" we be a great new TS place for MK when it opens.

This is a great point. I can find places I'm interested in trying at Epcot and DHS, but none at MK??? We're planning to stick with QS on one of our MK days, and go to Ohana for dinner the other. I've heard several of the MK QS places recommended... (I miss the Blue Bayou at DL! I love that! You can't beat eating with the pirates!!!!)

LandFan
07-16-2012, 09:18 PM
We're planning to stick with QS on one of our MK days, and go to Ohana for dinner the other.

That is exactly what we are doing too (but not Ohana, we are going to Sanaa this trip). I just can waste the money or credits on CP, Tony's or LTT (dinner) when I can be happier watching Cosmic Ray and eating chicken there or having a very good burger at Pecos Bill's and spend a lot less!!

Dopey's Girl
07-16-2012, 09:42 PM
My family loves LTT. We have always had good food, and the Patriot Punch (orange slushie drink) can't be missed.

jmj18
07-16-2012, 11:30 PM
My family loves LTT. We have always had good food, and the Patriot Punch (orange slushie drink) can't be missed.

Couldn't agree more!!!

:mickey:

mydisneygirls
07-16-2012, 11:49 PM
LTT is the one place we don't even consider. Been there, won't go back. If you're looking to stay in the park for dinner, I would suggest Crystal Palace. Much better food and they have characters.

PirateLover
07-17-2012, 12:15 AM
In our opinion, the food and service took a major hit at LTT when they stopped having characters. Maybe we were lulled into complacency by the character interactions, but it really was one of our favorite places to eat. We loved the family thanksgiving style, the food was always warm and cooked just right, and the servers were very attentive. The last time we ate there was an awful experience. We had bad cuts of meat in addition to everything being overcooked. The wait staff was inattentive and just seemed to be rushing us through our meal. Desert was the biggest disaster, as the apple crisp was always DH's favorite part of the meal, but we had no "crisp" in our apple crisp. I don't think we'll be going back for a while. I have eaten everywhere in MK except for CRT. None of the dining experiences have really impressed me. If I had to chose one to go back to solely based on food it would be The Plaza, but that isn't really accommodating for large groups. I'd go to Crystal Palace, at least you get character interaction.

natstroop
07-17-2012, 12:40 AM
We ate at LLT on our last two trips and we loved it both times. We are big meat and potato eaters, so we found everthing to be fabulous. Our servers were constantly replenishing us until we asked them to stop bringing us food. The apple crisp with ice cream was out of this world. We never felt cramped or rushed either time we were there. We are going back again this December and can't wait.

Dopey's Girl
07-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Couldn't agree more!!!

:mickey:

Couldn't you go for a Patriot Punch right now!?