PDA

View Full Version : Where do the "notorious" tour groups usually stay?

buzznwoodysmom
07-16-2012, 09:37 AM
I asked this question within another thead, but thought I might get more info with a seperate thread.

I have been reading about the Brazilian tour groups lately. Seems this may be the first time we run into them in WDW. I think we can handle them in the parks. We'll just go in the opposite direction if we happen upon them.

My concern is about the resorts. We plan to spend lots of time at the resort pools and I was just wondering if anyone knew which resorts they usually stay at? If they'll be chanting loudly at the resorts, especially at the pools, it'll be much harder to avoid. Not really what I had in mind for our midday breaks. So anyone know where they usually stay? Anyone just back that can tell me where you might have noticed them? Just trying to prepare myself.

BugeyedMuggy
07-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Last year the Swan and Dolphin were taken of by them. They seemed to overtake the food court around 7-9 am and were gone for the day. Relaxing by the pool during the day was o.k. This year we stayed at OKW and never saw a one at the resort. It was our saving grace. They will not ruin your vacation remember you are in Disney but if I could have I would have picked another time.

disneymom15
07-16-2012, 10:20 AM
I think alot of them stay in the value resorts.
I think you'll be ok with your midday pool break, I assume they spend most of their days in the parks.

buzznwoodysmom
07-16-2012, 11:04 AM
I think alot of them stay in the value resorts.
I think you'll be ok with your midday pool break, I assume they spend most of their days in the parks.

That's what I'm thinking as well. At least that's what I'm hoping for. LOL.

We don't ever eat breakfast in the foodcourts. I keep reading that they are in full force in the foodcourts in the mornings. The only time we ever eat at our resort food court is if we have lunch at our pool, and an occasional dinner if we spend an evening at the pool.

tazlikesrobots
07-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Just returned and the groups were all over the place. Saw them at POP and Port Orleans, but did not have any issues with them. Made sure to eat early and stay ahead of them :)

CajunDisneyDad
07-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Good luck :) The last time we saw large groups they were at the All-Stars. You know some people get all uppity when we voice our concerns about these groups...but when you have them almost knock you to the ground..and not even turn and say sorry cause they are rushing to get ahead of you... well you tend to take a dim view of them...

#1donaldfan
07-16-2012, 02:29 PM
We just returned and they were everywhere !! More than I have EVER seen !! We stayed at AKL, so we didn't see them there...but the parks we full of 'em !! They were not bad as far as jumping line, or crowding places, there were just a bunch of them !! :ill:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-16-2012, 02:37 PM
We just returned and they were everywhere !! More than I have EVER seen !! We stayed at AKL, so we didn't see them there...but the parks we full of 'em !! They were not bad as far as jumping line, or crowding places, there were just a bunch of them !! :ill:

Sigh...Never knew this about July. Have experienced this adventure before. Hopefully not CBR. Will just try to have patience. I'm looking forward to trip so much. Hope DH has patience; he is not prone to...

AgentC
07-16-2012, 02:42 PM
I was there about 10 days ago and I did not see any tour groups at CBR though I saw them everyday in the parks.

For the most part, I really did not have any problems with the groups while I was there. All the groups I saw were teenage girls. For the most part we went the opposite way when we saw the groups and did not have a problem.

special ed teacher
07-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Are they gone August 1?

Tink#64
07-16-2012, 11:28 PM
We've run into the BTG's mid to late June of both the past two years and we were staying at Pop both times & NEVER saw any of these groups at the resort. So I don't think it's a given that they stay at the Value's. :shrug: We're going early June next year & I'm so hoping that they won't be out in full force yet! :D Not bad kids mind you, just loud & makes for a very long line if you happen to que up behind them! In front of them isn't much better! :blush: But oh so glad that Pop was still our quite & peaceful retreat after those loud, busy park days!

Tinkerbella16
07-17-2012, 12:48 PM
I think it varies. They stay in the values, and sometimes CBR- I just read about the couple who was walking on the bridge to Old Port Royale at CBR and the BTG came rushing passed them, and knocked over the guys poor girlfriend and she rolled her ankle. They were so upset over this and went to speak to the CM's and they were offered to move to WL at no extra charge for the remainder of their stay. That was a very nice gesture.

But now I hear they stay at POR too!!! I am so so glad I do not go to wdw in the summertime, just the fall so I never have to encounter these groups!

bmj721
07-17-2012, 08:47 PM
So, these BTG's don't usually travel to WDW in the fall, fall meaning September and on?

Melanie
07-17-2012, 08:52 PM
So, these BTG's don't usually travel to WDW in the fall, fall meaning September and on?

They are at WDW in January (their summer break) and July (their winter break).

MaterializedHaunt
07-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Good luck :) The last time we saw large groups they were at the All-Stars. You know some people get all uppity when we voice our concerns about these groups...but when you have them almost knock you to the ground..and not even turn and say sorry cause they are rushing to get ahead of you... well you tend to take a dim view of them...

Oh you speak soooo true! This has happened to us, they don't see you and walk right through you like nothing and don't even think anything of it! If I wasn't in Disney I wouldn't be reacting the way I do! :mad:

But typically we just wonder the parks and... "OH FLAG!!!" *turn walk the other way*... ;)

- MaterializedHaunt :hmghost:

EJS-Houston
07-20-2012, 11:25 AM
I think it varies. They stay in the values, and sometimes CBR- I just read about the couple who was walking on the bridge to Old Port Royale at CBR and the BTG came rushing passed them, and knocked over the guys poor girlfriend and she rolled her ankle. They were so upset over this and went to speak to the CM's and they were offered to move to WL at no extra charge for the remainder of their stay. That was a very nice gesture.

But now I hear they stay at POR too!!! I am so so glad I do not go to wdw in the summertime, just the fall so I never have to encounter these groups!

My sentiments exactly!

Cad1173
07-21-2012, 06:04 PM
Several years ago they were at the Polynesian. We were furious! We were spending way too much money to have our vacation ruined. They called my room all night long looking for their friends. They wiped out the snack bar in minutes, and there was no room at the pool. You couldn't even see the water because there was so many of them. We complained and got our room reimbursed for one night. Luckily, I have never seen them at a deluxe resort again.
We also stay at CBR. I really hope they haven't started staying there as well.

mydisneygirls
07-24-2012, 11:47 AM
They are at WDW in January (their summer break) and July (their winter break).

YES, they ARE also there in September as well and they are just as pushy then as they are in January and July!!! While at Epcot last Sept, they made my DD cry because they were pushing her and stepping on her (while trying to find a spot for my DD's and myself to watch Illuminations). Thankfully they were not at the WL during out stay.

TheVBs
07-25-2012, 08:16 AM
I'm always shocked when I read these threads. I can understand the chanting, line issues, etc. being cultural differences. But in what culture is it acceptable to knock down elderly people (or anyone for that matter!) or push kids and make them cry?! How can you not be aware that you're physically hurting someone, or think it's ok to ignore? :confused:

TinkerbellT421
07-25-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm always shocked when I read these threads. I can understand the chanting, line issues, etc. being cultural differences. But in what culture is it acceptable to knock down elderly people (or anyone for that matter!) or push kids and make them cry?! How can you not be aware that you're physically hurting someone, or think it's ok to ignore? :confused:

Yep. Exactly. I have witnessed and seen many INAPPROPRIATE things with these groups. This past January, they got off the bus, walked into Epcot and proceeded to walk up to the flower beds at the entrance near the Leave A Legacy area at the Main Entrance and in CLEAR VIEW of EVERYONE and PEE IN THE BUSHES! All of a sudden Guest Relations was bombarded with very ANGRY parents and guests. Not that I can say I blame anyone for being angry, I was furious.

And not to mention at the same time I almost got poked in the eye with the tip of one of those stupid little flags because someone decided to hold it out straight in front of them and twirl around. I got VERY angry. :mad:

Cad1173
07-25-2012, 09:14 AM
I am sitting here shocked. I can't believe they peed in the bushes in front of Epcot. That is so disgusting. I have a very curious 4 year old daughter. I can just imagine trying to explain that to her. LOL.

disneynarula
07-25-2012, 10:39 AM
To be fair... I have seen similar behavior (outside of the public urination) from American groups as well. We has some very unpleasant run ins with some baton twirlers at All Star Movies a few years ago. We were pushed in the lines at several rides by the same group. One person would hold a spot in line and the whole group would swarm in later.

Same thing happened during Pop Warner week. Lots of cheering in the food court. I don't think it should be allowed in public areas. They were behaving as if they were the only ones there. It was being encouraged by the adults.

It is bound to happen when there are large groups of teens/pre teens with limited supervision.

I think the groups from Brazil just seem worse because they travel in larger groups.

azcavalier
07-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Just read a post on the Epcot Explorer's Guide website (epcyclopedia) about Disney's "Super Greeter" program for tour groups from Latin America, and most notably, Brazil. At the end of the article it says that Disney will host these groups at the All Star Resorts, Port Orleans Riverside, and Coronado Springs.

PCruzer
07-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Just read a post on the Epcot Explorer's Guide website (epcyclopedia) about Disney's "Super Greeter" program for tour groups from Latin America, and most notably, Brazil. At the end of the article it says that Disney will host these groups at the All Star Resorts, Port Orleans Riverside, and Coronado Springs.
Yikes!!! Does it say when these resorts will be hosting these groups?

azcavalier
07-26-2012, 03:55 PM

It just says "summer". Yep...planning to go in November is looking better and better!

TinkerbellT421
07-26-2012, 05:49 PM

January is a definite.

Melanie
07-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Yes, definitely January and July in full force. June and August see some action from these groups as well.

Buttercup
07-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Definitely January. They were at All Star Movies this past January and hoo boy, they were loud. Not so much in the rooms and hallways, but the foodcourt was crazy! I think the main problem is that they travel in such LARGE groups. So when you're trying to cross a pathway, and there are 100 people from the tour group going past, you have to wait until they all finish going by before you can cross. Nobody lets you in! So that's a bit of a headache at the parks. But steer clear of them as best as you can and it's totally manageable.

Melanie
07-26-2012, 08:31 PM
But steer clear of them as best as you can and it's totally manageable.

That's the thing though. I noticed this month that the amount of groups has increased significantly. It was almost impossible to avoid them altogether like so many suggest here. Now that I'm not local anymore, I'll definitely be planning any future trips around their visits. I hate to say it, and point out this group/nationality in particular, but it's fact. They bother me, plain and simple, and I will avoid them at all costs.

MissMaryPoppins
07-26-2012, 11:03 PM
My family and I were staying at All Star Music for a couple of nights and there were many, as we call them, "flag people" staying there. They were very loud and rowdy in the food court and by the pool. My Dad and I took a walk to get some ice and we discovered the kids hanging out in the hall had emptied every ice machine near our rooms. It looked like they were throwing it at each other or something because ice was all over. When we were leaving the next morning to head to Old Key West we walked past rooms with their curtains open and the rooms seemed to be trashed. We were so glad when we checked into Old Key West and got to really relax...with ice in our villa.

azcavalier
07-27-2012, 06:39 AM
That's the thing though. I noticed this month that the amount of groups has increased significantly. It was almost impossible to avoid them altogether like so many suggest here. Now that I'm not local anymore, I'll definitely be planning any future trips around their visits. I hate to say it, and point out this group/nationality in particular, but it's fact. They bother me, plain and simple, and I will avoid them at all costs.

According to the article I read, the interviewee stated that this year was going to be "record-breaking" regarding the tour groups. So, yep, it has increased.

PCruzer
07-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Is there any way to find out if they will be at POR the first 2 weeks in September? Or any resort for that matter! Maybe they're back to school by then?

kakn7294
07-27-2012, 12:00 PM
They are only there during the months of January and July.

We stayed at Riverside last week. We did have a couple groups of only girls who were actually very polite and well-mannered. The groups in the parks, not so much...

biggun35
07-28-2012, 10:07 AM
We were in Orlando last week and ran in to the BTG at all Disney parks, Universal Studios and at Seaworld. We left Seaworld after a couple of hours because they were in line at every ride and show, it was an hour wait for every ride. Didn't have many issues with them but you knew to get out of the way when you saw the flag carrier.

buzznwoodysmom
07-28-2012, 05:13 PM
We are here now. At CBR and so far no signs of any groups. We were at DTD for several hours today and didn't see any groups there either. We spent most of today at the pool and it's been pretty quiet. We won't be in the parks till tomorrow, but so far so good at the resort. Although I'm sure they are in the parks right now. It may be different tonight when the parks start closing.

Melanie
07-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Glad to hear the good report so far Denise!

PirateLover
07-28-2012, 10:35 PM
They may travel heaviest in January and July, but they are certainly there at other times. I have seen groups during trips that occurred in December, late May, and late June. The worst we've experienced was definitely the late June crowd, which makes sense since it's so close to July. Our last visit was late August, and I don't recall seeing any.

As for their behavior, I'm more likely to subscribe to the theory that its more of a group mentality thing rather than a cultural thing. I have been on the recieving end of more rude behavior from Pop Warner and Cheerleading groups. We haven't been recipients of rude behavior from Brazilians per say, but I will say that they don't seem to stop for anything. The fearless leader marches on with the rest of the group in tow. Don't even try to cut through, just wait for them to pass. The only issue we've run into was with FastPass-the group leader carries all of the cards and puts them into the FastPass machine. There was an issue where the leader realized he didn't have the right number of FastPasses and he must have missed one ticket along the way. The CM was going to make him reinsert each card, which is not only a waste of time but also a waste of paper because it spits out a paper to tell you that you can't get another FP yet if its invalid. My DH said something and the CM just printed a comp ticket for him and sent him on his way.

texas211
07-28-2012, 10:57 PM
I know I ran into them heavy at All Star Music last year. I'll never stay at a Value or in the summer, again. I decided to go cheap and paid the penalty for it.

Disney couldn't do anything about the noise or the commotion outside our room, even after several hrs and late at night. I threatened to confront them all and make them pay attention. Strangely enough, Disney felt they then needed to move me to a moderate, free of charge, to make the situation right.

eandrsmom
07-29-2012, 09:35 AM
With big numbers comes big $. On our first morning, I was picking up our tickets at DQ, and was behind a tour leader. She was picking up tickets for their group. She must have had at least three stacks of tickets that were over an inch thick! I can't even imagine what the cost of those tickers had to be. I'm sure Disney is making a ton of money on these groups, so regular folks will be moved. I think they're happy to accomodate these large groups.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Just got home yesterday from a WONDERful trip--with NOOOO problems from any tour groups! Arrived on the 25th, stayed at CBR, and had a peaceful, terrific experience! Saw a few medium-sized groups of mostly girls in the parks Saturday, but no chanting, no problems with lines, nothing!!!! Crowds in general were amazingly low!! Was not expecting that in July!!!
:wave: :mickey:

Mousemates
07-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Just got home yesterday from a WONDERful trip--with NOOOO problems from any tour groups! Arrived on the 25th, stayed at CBR, and had a peaceful, terrific experience! Saw a few medium-sized groups of mostly girls in the parks Saturday, but no chanting, no problems with lines, nothing!!!! Crowds in general were amazingly low!! Was not expecting that in July!!!
:wave: :mickey:

happy you had a great, problem free trip!

buzznwoodysmom
07-31-2012, 01:09 PM
We just got to Yacht Club today. We had three wonderful nights at CBR with no noise whatsoever. We had a wonderful time and the resort was as peaceful as always. Now at YC and so far it's very quiet here too.

As for the parks....So far we've run into a few groups. The groups we've seen have either been small 15-30 people, or all girl groups of about 100. We only heard one chant, from an all girl group in line at EE at AK yesterday. The did a quick little cheer/chant and that was it. They were having fun and all happy and polite,and their little chant did't bother us at all. So far all groups we've run into have been like any other park guest. No issues at all as far as we've experienced.

Headed to the pool now!:vacation:

eandrsmom
08-08-2012, 06:06 PM
We saw them in the parks but not at our resort. I have to say, for the most part, they were really well behaved. I don't know if we just lucked out, but they were nothing like expected.

sportsguy2315
08-15-2012, 05:36 PM
We saw them in the parks but not at our resort. I have to say, for the most part, they were really well behaved. I don't know if we just lucked out, but they were nothing like expected.

Working at a Quick Service at Epcot, I did bear the brunt of BTG's. My biggest issue came when I was filling orders. If I had a question about an order, I'd try asking the person about it. They would say "No speak English." I'd turn around and they somehow got the Disney Magic to speak fluent English. :confused:

As fate would have it, when I was on my CP I had a Brazilian roommate (Disney does a CP equivalent program for Brazilian students during their summer vacation to help deal with the influx of Portuguese speakers) for a month and a half and one night I asked him about the reputation his country gets because of the BTG's. He said two things that have stuck with me about these groups:
1) They are not a true representation of Brazilian people. Most Brazilians are actually really nice, helpful, and courteous as he would turn out to be.

2) Remember that you're dealing with teenagers mainly, and that its essentially their college spring break in that this is their first vacation without their parents.

That said, that doesn't give them the license for them to do whatever they want.

DonaldsBFF
08-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Are they there forr all of January, or does it start to settle down towards the end of the month say after MLK day?

Melanie
08-20-2012, 12:13 PM
I'd pretty much count on the whole month. It's their summer season.

TinkerbellT421
08-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Are they there forr all of January, or does it start to settle down towards the end of the month say after MLK day?

Like Mel said, pretty much count on the entire month. We have been there pretty late in the month and sometimes it even felt like they got worse closer to the end than before. But I couldn't tell if it was just because their touring has grown over the past few years or if they really do just get busier the closer to the end of the month.

texas211
08-20-2012, 09:09 PM
All of these are reasons to shell out big money to say at better resorts and/or stay during the fall or spring time. I can't take them, and won't go into it (as it violates 100 intercot rules).

SO, if you can, escape and evade.

sorarail
08-29-2012, 08:26 AM
We stayed at ASM in January 2011 and all of the the All-Stars were filled with Brazilians, lots of teenagers. The only time I really noticed them, however, was in the mornings in the food court. Portuguese was the dominant language being spoken.

CosmicRay
08-29-2012, 01:59 PM
I went with my family once in July back in 1995 and that's the big thing I remember the BTG's from Brazil. Back then they would have two kids stand in line and when they were up to the front, they'd wave to their friends and 50 would come jump in. I was so mad!

When friends ask me when is a good time to go, I let them know. But I also tell them when is NOT a good time to be there because of BTG.

Tigerinvestigator
08-29-2012, 03:19 PM
I read this post before going on our 10 night trip the last week of July. While I have been going to WDW every year since 1973 and have had many trips where the big tour groups were present, I had NEVER had any bad experiences with them. After reading this post I made it a point to check them out during our trip. My observations were as follows:

1) Never saw any of the groups at the Dolphin.
2) They were at all four parks but never caused us any problems in line.
3) The only time we saw multiple groups together was at DHS waiting for entry to Fantasmic, and at MK sitting on Mainstreet USA waiting for the parade.
4) Heard two or three chants but they were not bad or too obnoxious....looked like they were having fun.
5) They seemed to be focused on their touring plans not misbehaving.
6) Saw one issue in ten days with the groups and it was a couple of the girls at DHS who had created a sign that said "FREE HUGS" and they were giving them away. Disney Security put a stop to that pretty quick and saw no more problems.
7) Can honestly say there is NO way I would alter my vacation plans to avoid these groups....there was no need at all.
8) I am sure there are isolated incidents as big as the groups are, but seems like the castmembers that deal with those groups would have more reason to complain.

And that pretty much sums up my experience in July 2012 with the Brazilian Tour Groups!:thumbsup:

honeybear
08-30-2012, 02:29 PM
My sister tried to get me to remember the Groups when they were there. I guess that means they weren't all so bad. If they keep trying to pull that stunt where they have 1 or 2 people hold a spot in line then a crowd of them comes later, I would put a stop to it. I would call over a cast member and explain that it is not fair that they can jump the line like that. I don't mind letting one or two people try and catch up to their party in line but 10 -20 is not happening.

Bethanymouse
09-04-2012, 07:20 PM
I always assumed that they stayed off property because they seem to arrive in private buses.... i guess i was wrong

Puppy Mom
09-09-2012, 04:42 PM
OK, I know this makes me a bad person, but I have been known to let an arrant elbow fly or perhaps a small body check on occasion.:oops: :laughing:

WDWCrazyKaren
09-17-2012, 09:38 AM
We changed up our usual plans and went the first week in February this year instead of January, and the groups were STILL horrible. We decided to go on the cheap for that trip and stayed at ASMu. Huge mistake. They didn't wait in line at the food courts or in the gift shop-they literally-and I do mean LITERALLY-moved people out of the way and walked in front of them. They were in groups of about 20 and would simply "mob" their way to the front while pushing others out of the way. They had a big party by one of the pools one night, apparantly a costume party, and if I had brought my children with me, I would have had to cover their eyes (and I'm no prude!) to get them out of there. On the very overcrowded bus one day, one of the girls yelled "MOUSE" and jumped on someone's lap (there actually wasn't one-she just wanted to see what kind of screaming reaction she could get on the bus). DH and I were very frustrated by the groups this year.

GoBlueLacheta
08-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Just don't get stuck behind a tour group leader getting FP. You may wait 3-4 hours as they attempt to jam 350 tickets into the machine. :D

Like mentioned, anytime you have a poor ratio of chaperone to kids in any large group there can be trouble, but there is surprisingly a bit of a free-for-all get out of my way attitude you can selectively come across. The worst place I've ever witnessed this is the water-parks.

It can be disheartening to the fact that the last thing you want after you spend a large amount of time, money, and effort on planning a vacation is that some people assume their time and space is worth more than yours. Even if I face issues I try to remember no matter what that we are all sharing a wonderful place that is suppose to be about sharing family experiences and quality entertainment.

The magic isn't lost in these instances, but over the top behavior just needs to be simply corrected by some form authority and we can move on.

Now if 80 unruly individuals ruin my evening at Ohana on the other hand :mad:

:cool:

Arielfan98
08-11-2013, 11:24 PM
I've never run into them but they tend to go to the value resorts like the All Stars or Pop Century. I heard there were special CMs hired to accommodate the Brazilian tour groups. And for the obvious All Star Sports mainly hosts sport teams and some do branch out to the other All Stars. I always visit Disney in late August (trip is in 3 days :D) and I have never seen any tour groups.

miltimo5
08-12-2013, 06:21 PM
i have run into them several times during summer trips. last trip (july 2012) i was having an issue after several run in's with them at the resort and the park. so i spoke to a CM and asked lots of questions and here is some of the information i got...

1. they are responsible for their own transportation. they are not allowed to use disney buses, from the airport or to and from the parks. (mentioned i saw some of the kids -yellow shirts that day- on my bus coming back for break and was told they were told about it..happens again they cant come back )
2. they get NO DISCOUNTS AT ALL.. no group discounts, no free dining nothing..add to their bus rentals they are paying lots more
3. the cm at maestro mickeys said, believe it or not, the spend tons of money...constantly buying shirts etc..
4. and they are only supposed to be allowed to come when disney is at its lowest season.
5. there is only 2 groups (but can be up to 70 kids per group) permitted per resort...so thats 140 kids at each All Star Music, Sports and Movies..at one time. and i have never noticed more than 2 adults per group. t
the CM also mentioned they have to take a class on how to deal with these groups..

i was so annoyed when i got to the MK one day. saw 2 large groups in front of me going thru the turnstiles and an adult collecting all their passes....so i walked around them..thru adventureland to splash mtn for a fast pass. when i got to splash mtn, there were the adults handing out fast passes to all the kids. so i skipped SM and went over to BTM and again, there was another adult handing out fast passes to the kids. that must be their plan...so the kids dont have to stand in lines... :mad: if it wasnt so much easier for me to get time off during july and august...and usually summer has longer park hours...enough for an afternoon break and still have enough time to go back in the evening... grrrrrrrr i really cant decide if it is a culture thing...or so many teenagers being away from home with so little supervision they just go wild...either way...disney needs more control

N2DisneyWorld
08-13-2013, 11:50 PM
We had our first experience with the Brazilian groups in February at Pop Century. They were very loud & rude. You couldn't move when they were in line at the food court. I kept getting hit with their overstuffed backpacks. It was aggravating.

merciantinkerbell
08-14-2013, 07:38 AM
Reading this thread has made me nervous! We're going October 19-31st 2014. They're not in WDW then are they? I work in a shopping centre and have to deal with unruly teens/kids every day. I DO NOT want to have to deal with it on holiday as well. I go away to relax and re=charge from all the usual everyday stuff.

disneynarula
08-14-2013, 08:03 AM
We were there last October and did not see any BTGs.

That is when we usually go. We are American but we live in Germany and our son has his school break in October.

We think it's a great time to go. It's still warm but not too hot and they sometimes offer free dining during that time. We also love MNNSHP.

That is school break season for some European countries. Disney gives fairly hefty discounts to travelers from the U.K. and they usually have a break at some point in October. It's never big groups of teens rather it's usually well mannered families.

I think the biggest problem with the BTGs and the Pop Warner kids is that it is huge groups of teens with very few adults.

Furthermore the people from South America who can afford the trip to WDW are used to being the upper class in their country and are used to being treated as such. When I worked at WDW it was always awful in January and there isn't much you can do about it. After all, they are paying tons of money to be there.

We LOVE Disney
08-14-2013, 08:19 AM
I went with my family once in July back in 1995 and that's the big thing I remember the BTG's from Brazil. Back then they would have two kids stand in line and when they were up to the front, they'd wave to their friends and 50 would come jump in. I was so mad!

When friends ask me when is a good time to go, I let them know. But I also tell them when is NOT a good time to be there because of BTG.

Wouldn't that be considered line jumping? I thought that wasn't allowed :confused:

lvs_eeyore
08-19-2013, 07:57 AM
Apparently they are not only staying in the value resorts. There was a post on one of the other boards that I am on that they were at the Polynesian in July and made it miserable for the person that was staying there. They were loud, obnoxious, and kids were laying in the hallways making it impossible to pass. We had hoped to go earlier in the summer season because of the heat but I sure don't want to run into them if I am paying that much for the Polynesian.

bxrluv
08-29-2013, 01:00 AM
We were there last October and did not see any BTGs.

That is when we usually go. We are American but we live in Germany and our son has his school break in October.

We think it's a great time to go. It's still warm but not too hot and they sometimes offer free dining during that time. We also love MNNSHP.

That is school break season for some European countries. Disney gives fairly hefty discounts to travelers from the U.K. and they usually have a break at some point in October. It's never big groups of teens rather it's usually well mannered families.

I think the biggest problem with the BTGs and the Pop Warner kids is that it is huge groups of teens with very few adults.

Furthermore the people from South America who can afford the trip to WDW are used to being the upper class in their country and are used to being treated as such. When I worked at WDW it was always awful in January and there isn't much you can do about it. After all, they are paying tons of money to be there.

They're used to being upper class? Obviously manners aren't part of class even for the adults. I don't care where you're from. The behavior they display isn't part of any culture. When my kids travel with any school trip the fear of God is placed on them from their directors. They know they are representing him and our school. :judge::judge::judge::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

MiceWork
08-29-2013, 10:17 AM
Am I the only brazilian on this forum?

Unfortunately, I have to agree with most of your comments. Even when me and my wife travel to WDW we usually notice some behaviour issues with my country mates, and we also avoid BTG.

But I have to say that most of them are younger people who are probably travelling for the first time w/o their parents, and the tour groups leaders arenīt able to handle them.

And another thing: if most of you canīt stand their behaviour on the parks, youīll probably want to commit suicide when you are travelling on the same plane as them!!!

That said - and please donīt take this as an excuse for their behaviour, since Iīm just trying to explain it "antropologically" - donīt think that all brazilians are like that. Weīre nice people who just love America (hell, I even love baseball and subscribe MLBTV), Disney World and buying good stuff that we canīt buy here because of our hard tax system.

Tks!
Luis Fernando Silveira Beraldo

cer
08-29-2013, 10:27 AM
But I have to say that most of them are younger people who are probably travelling for the first time w/o their parents, and the tour groups leaders arenīt able to handle them.

I agree with this. I think the issue is a lot of kids/teens without enough supervision.

Glad you are here, Luis.

By the way, my husband did have the experience of a plane ride home from Brazil. ( He was there for work.) He said the plane was packed with kids going to Disney World. 10 hour flight and not much sleep. :(

squijee
08-30-2013, 05:30 PM
We are going week after new year will we be safe from the btg?

Keneva
08-31-2013, 01:00 PM
Wow, never noticed them but then again I wouldn't know how to differentiate them from all of the other visitors. They sound worst than a swarm of Locust...:bug: