PDA

View Full Version : Osborn Family Lights

steamboat willy
07-16-2012, 08:46 AM
We are going in December to DISNEY, it's been a long time since going this time of year and have never seen the Osborn Family Lights. I have read other posting about being there for when they first turn on the lights, SO...where's your favorite place to stand OR are you a walk around and look person? Is there a better place to be?
:santa::deer::tree::deer::santa:

buzznwoodysmom
07-16-2012, 09:30 AM
We usuallly try to be there when they first switch it on. We wait at one end for it to be turned on. Once it's on we walk up and down a few times.

BugeyedMuggy
07-16-2012, 09:39 AM
We have only seen them once and it was a private viewing and they are amazing. It is a walk thru and can get very crowded. Be sure to get there early if you are driving or being bussed as the traffic can also get backed up when entering HS.

faline
07-16-2012, 09:39 AM
You really can't see everything if you stand in one place - you do need to wander around to take it all in.

Be sure to be on the lookout for the black cat among the lights!! It moves around from year to year - my sister-in-law has been really good at finding it!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
07-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Osborne Family lights basically runs down the length of one street. Another street feeds into it in the middle creating an intersection. That is where they have a tree and an "on switch". That general area is a good place to start.

The reality of it is though, if you really want to appreciate all of it, you need to walk around, there is simply to much to see and enjoy to do from one stationary spot. And a lot of what is to see is at rooftop levels, so you need to move around to see all of it.

You definitely won' be disappointed.

Disney Hungarian
07-16-2012, 09:57 AM
The lights are "usually" on a full hour after the park closes. I like to wait until the last hour to enjoy the lights. The crowds are thinner and it is easier to wander around looking at everything. A perfect way to end an evening.

LandFan
07-16-2012, 11:22 AM
After they turn them on, they stay on the whole time but at intervals (I want to say 15 minutes apart or so) the choreographed show starts and they start blinking to the music. It lasts for 10 or 15 minutes and then the lights stay on solid for the next 15 minutes or so and repeat. It also snows during the show portions. So definitely walk around there long enough to see the show!:thumbsup: