PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown for illumuinations

RBrooksC
07-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Ok. I have done this before but that was in 2004 and during the slowest week of the year.

I was able to book an ADR for R&C for 7:25 PM on Friday, July 27.

We would love to sit on the patio to eat and then watch Illuminations from our table. Which, I am aware, most people who make ADRs for R&C want to do.

My question is this. Since this is a busy time of the year, what time should we get to the hostess stand to place our request for the patio?

SBETigg
07-16-2012, 09:59 AM
They don't take requests for special seating at Rose and Crown. They make it very clear that it's first available, a policy in place for a few years now due to back up from people wanting patio seating. I would show up at the regular time for your ADR (the recommended 15-20 minutes prior to your actual ADR time) and just hope something has opened up as you're being seated. If not, they have viewing areas you can go to before the show.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-16-2012, 10:02 AM
:ditto:

I would check-in just after 7pm, and let them know you'd like a patio seat, but if there isn't room, you can still go out and watch the fireworks from the patio and then come back in and finish your meal.

joonyer
07-16-2012, 11:10 AM
We did this back in 2004 and the hostess allowed us to wait a little while to get a patio table. But nowadays you just have to be lucky. If you decline a seating at another table, you'll lose your ADR "place" in line to be seated anywhere. And once the show gets close to starting, nobody at a patio table is going to leave until it's over. Good luck!

lawgirl
07-20-2012, 05:37 PM
I don't know how RandC works, but we went pretty early to our ressies at Tokyo Dining, and requested several times to have a window seat, told them repeatedly that we would wait as long as possible to get one, and on top of that it was our anniversary! When it came time for our table, we told them we didn't mind waiting longer for a window seat, but they still sat us in the middle of the restaurant away from the window. So I wouldn't count on it 100%. Good luck.

angie26
07-21-2012, 11:07 AM
We were able to get patio seats one yr for illuminations.. and man, was it beautiful! Good Luck :cloud9:

anewvision
07-23-2012, 10:44 PM
I always get my desired table for illuminations. It's real easy, think for a second.

RBrooksC
07-29-2012, 08:18 PM
We got to the hostess station around 7:10 PM. I requested patio seating and was given a pager. She told me that they couldn't promise one but they would try and and seat us there.

Our ADR was at 7:25 PM. We were seated at 7:55 or so.

We had a great patio seat right at the bottom of the stairs under the patio roof.

It ended up being an enjoyable dinner. And, for those who think British food is boring, I had a great steak and fried fish dish. It was a fantastic meal and the hostess and wait staff couldn't have been better.