PDA

View Full Version : The I can't believe we went in July report-setup

AgentC
07-14-2012, 12:32 AM
My college roommate is on a 5 year Disney plan. She brought her family when her daughter turned 5 and planned to come again when her son turned 5. Her turned 5 this spring, so we had casually been discussing plans. She was travelling with her husband and two kids as well as her friend, her husband and their two kids. When we added in my family plus perhaps my mom, we would have quite the group.

I had saved some vacation time and was just waiting for the dates. Last time they visited in late May around Memorial Day. Not my favorite time of year, but doable and more importantly not blacked out on my FL resident pass. Then we got the message. They were coming from June 30th to July 7th and would be spending the 5th-7th at WDW. Yep, right in the middle of black out period.

The last time I had been to WDW in the summer was before we moved to Florida. Over the last 10 years we became indoctrinated in the FL attitude-summer is for tourist. Every time, I told someone the dates of the visit, the response was the same. “They are coming when???? Don’t they know it’s hot”

So first my mom dropped out. Not really a surprise since she also counts May and September as too hot to visit months.
Then my husband dropped out. No sweating in the sun for him.

The kids didn’t really have a choice. So, I began to plan a trip for three. I upgraded our passes from seasonal to full annual.

My friend’s son is a big pirate fan so we all got rooms at Caribbean Beach. I was a bit hesitant due to the distance of the pirate rooms from the main areas and the full size beds, but there would only be 3 of us and I’d have the car, so I was sure it would be okay.

As we got closer to the date, I started to get a little nervous. Crowd levels were forecasted at 9’s. The temperatures were expected to be in the 90’s. On the bright side there was very little rain in the forecast. And I’d be alone with a 4 and 6 year old. Would I survive?

faline
07-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Regardless of crowds and weather, you'll get some time to catch up with your former roommate!

January-2007
07-15-2012, 09:53 PM
What a cliffhanger- I can't wait to read more!

DizNee143
07-23-2012, 07:18 AM
Well..at least you'll get to go with your kids! Off to read the rest!!! :mickey:

yourmagicalguide
07-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Bummer that your Mom and DH backed out, but at least you and your kids will have a great time! I can't read to read more :mickey: