PDA

View Full Version : Hotel for princess lover

Giselle
07-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Which would be better for us: art of animation, little mermaid room or riverside Tiana room? We are a family of 5 (but one is an infant). Easy transportation, nice pool, restaurants, and price are considerations. Planning on a trip in October if that is relevant. Thanks!

disneydeb
07-13-2012, 02:58 PM
We are staying in a Princess room at POR ( not just Tiana). I really wanted to stay in a suite at AoA but was out voted..
Whichever you decide, ENJOY!

AgentC
07-13-2012, 03:06 PM
I would stay at POR, but I am very biased. We don't generally stay at the values. :) And I stayed in the princess rooms at POR in March and loved them. The fireworks on the headboards are really cool and my kids kept playing them over and over.

The Little Mermaid rooms do looks cute.

Here is what I like about POR.

Great pool and access to the pool at POFQ
Rooms are close to services
Good food court plus sit down restaurant
Theming
Boat to Downtown Disney
Queen size beds

Minnie97
07-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Which is the favorite princess that will give you the answer]

the tiana room is more elegant and grown up , and the ariel rooms are more vibrant and fun ,,

darthmacho
07-30-2012, 06:32 PM
That was a tough decision. Honestly, I love Port Orleans so much, so I wanted to vote for that, but I ended up voting for AofA because it is so brand new and Ariel is my favorite character.

Actually, I want to change my mind. I'd probably chose POR because they have Boatwright's, which I love so much!

I'm not helping, am I? :blush:

Dopey's Girl
07-30-2012, 09:09 PM
I voted AoA, because it's new and looks really fun!

Melanie
07-30-2012, 10:42 PM
The Princess Rooms, and actually POR mansion section as a whole was incredible. I don't even have a daughter in that demographic, but loved it so much when we stayed there last month. The rooms are incredible! Having to choose between that and a standard value resort room, I'd go with POR in a heartbeat. All the points Cindy made are such a plus, with queen size beds, theming and the boat to DTD being the highlights.

I've toured AoA and it's a very nice resort, but for a longer stay, I'm partial to a moderate. By the time the Mermaid section at AoA opens, the entire resort will then be open and things like the pools and food court will be....crowded.

Mousemates
07-30-2012, 11:31 PM
Our princess (now 19) thought the royal rooms at POR were among the best at WDW, regardless of economic classification.

darthmacho
07-31-2012, 10:46 AM
@ Giselle: Have you decided yet? I want to put in another vote for Port Orleans. Is that legal? LOL
Seriously, though, I was curious what you would decide. If you do book POR, I'd recommend eating at Boatwright's for dinner. Look at the menu online (though they change seasonally) to see if it is something you'd like, assuming you haven't already been there.

Anyway, on the bright side, I don't think either choice will disappoint you. :mickey:

Wolf
07-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Just a idea but how about let her watch both and see which one she gets more into, pays more attention to then go that route? Both of those hotels will be awesome, we are staying our first time in POFQ in Oct and I've read amazing reviews about POR but AoA is going to be super snazzy the first year its open (Like Pop Century was back in the day) so I'd base it on whichever princess caught the most attention if the prices aren't too different or a problem. Have a great trip!! :cloud9:

I read that like there was another little princess, my bad yall lol Um maybe flip a coin?

LandFan
07-31-2012, 08:11 PM
I went with AofA because the Princess rooms will be there for the next trip but AofA will only be brand new once and it will be less expensive as well. The food court looks impressive and because it is a food court, should be less pricey as well.

I agree that maybe your daughters should take a look at both online and see... they might prefer the overall theme of AofA as there is a lot of stuff to see outside the room whereas at POR the scenery might be "boring" to two younger girls in comparison...