PDA

View Full Version : Baby news...Move cruise!

figgie
07-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Well, after posting the news of our new grandbaby on the way, due in Feb., we realized our Valentine's Day 2013 cruise on the Fantasy will now have to be moved so I can be around to help with the soon to big "Big Brother" who will be turning 2 in Jan. We were thinking of Sept. now because we want warm water when we hit the beach at CC. I know we will be in hurricane season but, hey, we live in Fla. anyway so that doesn't really scare us. Any suggestions out there about the best time to cruise for us new grandparents?:stork:

GoldenDreams
07-14-2012, 12:02 AM
One question - do you tend to get seasick? The reason I ask is that hurricanes anywhere in the vicinity can make the waters rough. I've taken 2 cruises in the fall and both had issues with hurricanes. One cruise had to change course to avoid a hurricane so that we missed our destination and the other we had to miss a port due to the rough seas that didn't allow the tenders to run.

I'd suggest April. It's warm enough to swim then.

Oh - and congratulations on the grandbaby-to-be.

figgie
07-16-2012, 08:16 AM
No, I don't get sea sick at all. One cruise we took was really bad. Less than half the restaurant was inhabited for dinner a couple of nights and Disney had just put a big bowl of dramamine outside the sick bay, but for me, not a queezy tummy at all. Had to hold on to the covers on the bed to keep from rolling out and dreamed of falling out of bed all night, hahaha!

Still looking at Sept. for the Eastern Caribbean, not sure I can leave the baby just a month after birth, not because my DD or grandkids will need me, just because I don't think I want to let that precious infant out of eyesight when it will still be so tiny and cute....I know, obsessed Grandma!:babyroll: