PDA

View Full Version : Split stay - Same resort

Disnamic Duo
07-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Has anyone ever had 2 separate reservations for the same resort? We had to do this to get the free dining offer. We're arriving on a black-out date, one day before the offer begins. So we got a 1 day room only reservation and then a 5 day free dining reservation. So we have to re-check in on our 2nd day there. Both ressies are for CSR.

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever done this and how smoothly did it go? We're getting park tixx with the 5 day ressie. For the first night we'll be arriving late and won't go to a park. I'm hoping to be able to check in for the 2nd reservation very early the next morning and get our new room keys with our park tixx on them and head to a park. Also hoping to be able to have both ressies in the same room - so no re-packing/unpacking and moving.

Do you think this will be possible?

KathyMJ
07-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Has anyone ever had 2 separate reservations for the same resort? We had to do this to get the free dining offer. We're arriving on a black-out date, one day before the offer begins. So we got a 1 day room only reservation and then a 5 day free dining reservation. So we have to re-check in on our 2nd day there. Both ressies are for CSR.

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever done this and how smoothly did it go? We're getting park tixx with the 5 day ressie. For the first night we'll be arriving late and won't go to a park. I'm hoping to be able to check in for the 2nd reservation very early the next morning and get our new room keys with our park tixx on them and head to a park. Also hoping to be able to have both ressies in the same room - so no re-packing/unpacking and moving.

Do you think this will be possible?

This happens often! Disney will do their best to keep you in the same room, but will never guarantee it. You can ask the night you check in for your room only res if they will be able to keep you in the same room for the package. At that point the rooms should be assigned so they should know. Have fun!!!

gerald72
07-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Yes, did something along this line.
I was able to keep the same room, but needed new room keys for the second part of the stay.

FiggyFan
07-16-2012, 09:11 PM
We have also done this. Usually, we were able to stay in the same room. We only had to move once out of three times we did this.

Dopey's Girl
07-16-2012, 09:31 PM
I did this last trip. I didn't even have to check in again. They brought me new keys to the room the morning of my 'long' stay. It was really nice and worked out very well!

Disnamic Duo
07-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the replies. It's reassuring!