PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Tried the "OFF" Fans

NJGIRL
07-12-2012, 03:36 PM
I don't like bug spray and saw these fans but they are $10 a piece and we will need three. Before I spend over $30 on these I wanted to know if anyone has tried them and if they work.

BrerGnat
07-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Costco sells them in a 2 pack, with some refills, for less than $10 apiece, by the way.

I am wondering about these too. I am a huge mosquito magnet.

For now, I've settled for the OFF unscented spray. It works well, doesn't feel greasy or anything, and doesn't irritate my skin. I was using a natural product that worked very well, but it smelled very strongly like Lemon Pledge. The smell made DH feel very ill and dizzy, so we stopped using it.

I just can't bring myself to spend that much on the little fan, although I have heard they work well. Basically, they blow citronella all around you, and the mosquitos don't like that. But, I would assume if you are moving a lot (like walking fast or running), it would be less effective. :confused:

AgentC
07-12-2012, 03:58 PM
I've had one for my kids for about 2 weeks. My daughter was getting lots of bites while gardening with her father and I didn't want to use a lot of spray on her.

So far it seems to be working well. She used it in the garden once and on a walk at dusk. In both cases, my husband (who did not have one) got bitten but she did not.

civilmousefan
07-12-2012, 04:29 PM
I have had two of these for at least three years. They work great. In addition to attaching them to a belt, we have also used them at evening football games, simply placing them on the bench next to us - protecting our neighbors and us from bug bites.

figgie
07-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Haven't had the same results. For my family they really didn't work as well as just spraying. I know, the kids hate getting sprayed at first, but they are protected and we don't have to worry about where they run to play, where to put the fans so they don't fall off their clothes and if we are getting to far away for them to work if I just go to the door of the kitchen to get more food or drinks. The non scented or deep woods is my choice for our active family!