PDA

View Full Version : Ohana dining

DNS
07-12-2012, 12:43 PM
We have never been to Ohana and would like to go. Our next trip it will just be DH and myself. Ohana is listed as family style which I know means that they bring you bowls and you help yourself. What I don't know is would DH and I be seated at our own table or would be likely be seated at a table with others? How does that work exactly?
Thanks in advance!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
07-12-2012, 12:59 PM
When DD and I went in June - we had our own table. Family style - they refill any thing you want refilled food wise. - but not seating wise.

Have fun. My daughter and I LOVED it and are looking to go again in the future.

andypooh
07-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Your own table
All u can eat

I really enjoyed the salad and scarfed down the shrimp

Very enjoyable meal

Belle of the Ball 051411
07-12-2012, 01:58 PM
The other posters answered your questions (all you can eat,they bring it to your table, seated at your own table). I'd like to add that DH and I ate there for the first time in May and loved it. We got a great table near the window and had a great viewing of Wishes. All of the food was delicious!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
07-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Some of the dining (salads, breads, wontons) are served family style, bowls/plates brought out for the entire family. Entrees are served by strolling waiters that have long serving spears/tongs (not sure what they call them). They basically stop at your table and ask if you want any and will then remove the meat and put directly on your plate.

Seating is not family style, your family has its own table. Biergarten in Germany (Epcot) would be an example of family style seating.

Jim&AngieMarriner
07-12-2012, 02:37 PM
The DW and I ate breakfast there back in April for our Aniversay. We had a great time and we would absolutelly do it again.

Another great thing that they do here (and likely at the other restaurants) is that if you have food allergies, the Chef comes out to your table to talk about the menu and specially prepare your meal. My wife has latex allergies and several tropical fruits give her a cross reaction. The Chef comming out was a nice personal touch to make sure everything was perfect and healthy for her.

Disneyglamour
07-12-2012, 02:43 PM
I've never eaten there but I would suggest making reservations ASAP! My DDad and I were there in February and stayed at the Polynesian for 4 nights and we could NEVER get a reservation! I'm going to try again next February but I'll be making reservations EARLY this time. :mickey:

Pop Centurion
07-12-2012, 03:08 PM
It's considered "all you can eat" but they seem to try to give you more. ;)
When they come to your table with the skewers of meat & ask for example, how many shrimp would you like, they give you a few extra.

Wolf
07-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Soooooooo good!!!! I cannot even explain how much I love that place, its by far my favorite on all WDW property!! Yall will sit by yourselves, and they just bring food after food after food till you refuse it. its always me and my Mom that go by ourselves is how I'm sure you'll be seated with noone else. Have a great trip!! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-12-2012, 03:48 PM
You get your own table. This is our new favorite place to eat. The dumplings are divine, so our the dipping sauces especially the peanut sauce. The steak and chicken were our favorite meats. Oh almost forgot, the dessert is to die for, don't skip it.

LudwigVonDrake
07-13-2012, 06:45 AM
You'll have your own table. Enjoy!!! 'Ohana is one of my favorites :tasty:

DNS
07-15-2012, 03:52 PM
After reading these, I went right in to reserve a table and cannot get a time before 9:30. I took it though and am looking forward to the experience. Thanks everyone!!:mickey:

CMCTxMom
07-15-2012, 04:21 PM
I was going to ask about Ohana, too. It's on the recommended pages, but also the overrated pages. Has anyone been there recently? Is it worth the time and money to make an ADR? My 180 day window is coming up...

wdw dude
07-15-2012, 04:49 PM
It's one of my favorites. Can't wait to go back in November. :number1:

:mickey:

ChipNDale79
07-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Ohana and Tutto are a toss up for our favorite restaurants at WDW, a must do every single trip.