PDA

View Full Version : We're NOT Going to Kansas... We're Going to Disney World! Day 3

Mammabruski
07-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Day 3 June 18th
We let the little ones sleep in this morning before heading over to Epcot. My mom bought the girls matching sailor dresses for them to meet Duffy in (I love dressing them alike – same same as my girls call it). My girl’s loveys are both the original Disney Bear, so meeting Duffy is something very special for them. We also got FP’s for Soaring and were able to get a baby swap pass which we ended up using right away. Lunch today was at the Fish and Chips stand in the UK. I had been so excited to eat here since I had the amazing fish and chips at the Rose and Crown a couple years ago. These were pretty good, a bit greasy, but they sure hit the spot.

Shopping in UK and Canada followed and then the girls got to play for a while at the playground over in the “Brave” Highland Games section between the World Showcase and Future World. They loved it! They also got pretty hot and tired, especially my little one. Good thing it was time for our Soaring FP’s. My Dad and Mom took my oldest and she got to ride Soaring twice! In the meantime, my sister and I shopped and took a break while my little girl slept in the stroller.

When we were done with Epcot we took a bus over to the new Art of Animation to have some dinner and check it out. Wow is all I have to say! I can’t believe how amazing it was… The Cars section had just opened that morning and it was so neat. Being DVC members we were a little disappointed that there was no pool hopping agreement with this pool, but boy was it cool! I really would’ve liked to have checked out that underwater sound system. Dinner was pretty good too. The only concern I have about the food court was how slow it was to get our food. It was made to order – which is great, but I was pretty much the only order at my food station and it took over 5 minutes to get my “Surf and Surf” burger (crab cakes with fried shrimp on it). What are they going to do when the resort is full?!

We took a bus to DtD, and were going to transfer to a boat, but the bus changed its route to OKW, so we just stayed the course. It took forever to get home! I think we went swimming upon our return to our “room” and then got those sleepy girls to bed. Have I mentioned how much I love OKW? We had a dedicated 2BR on the third floor of building 13. The location was great - you literally just head out on the sidewalk in front of the Hospitality House, cross the street and then you’re “home”. It was very convenient and filling our cups was a breeze. The room itself was in decent condition, some built up dirt in the bathroom tiles, the tub in the second bedroom was pretty dingy, and the dark furniture really showed where housekeeping didn’t clean. Besides that it was huge, airy and just perfect for the six of us. We stayed in a OKW Grand Villa last year and it was pretty funny when we walked in and my oldest wanted to know where the second floor was!

SBETigg
07-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Sailor dresses! So cute! Sounds like another wonderful day. I could go for fish and chips now.

DizNee143
07-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Another great day! :mickey:

faline
07-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Sounds like you're in the same section of Old Key West that we stayed in last December - it was a great location!

emerzmom
07-12-2012, 08:02 PM
What a great trip! I bet the sailor dresses looked really cute!
:mickey:
Julie

January-2007
07-16-2012, 11:52 AM
I love matching too. Glad your day was so wonderful!