PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Epcot Food & Wine Festival Merchandise Announced

Melanie
07-12-2012, 09:36 AM
From Disney Parks Blog, by Steven Miller:

I’m counting down the days until the 17th annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival arrives. This festival has become one of my favorite things to do in the fall at Walt Disney World Resort. I recently gave you a look at Duffy The Disney Bear’s new chef outfit for this year, so I thought you may enjoy seeing other new merchandise we are “cooking.” I visited with Lindsay Voigt, Product Developer for Event Merchandise, who shared some of her favorite items.

At first glance, I thought the image above was a photograph. It’s not – it’s a painting created by the talented artist Noah, and it will serve as the main “Signature” artwork for merchandise at this year’s festival. You may recall Noah’s artwork from the recent “Storytellers” collection at Disney California Adventure park (which I enjoy even more now after recently visiting Buena Vista Street). Lindsay said she will be using this artwork on items such as a coffee mug, cutting board, trivet, spoon rest, coasters and more.

Lindsay also shared with me two drinkware items – a wine glass with the festival logo and a fun light-up tumbler.

In addition to Noah’s “Signature” artwork, there will be a new program called “Sketch” that uses colors found on the oven mitt and pot holder shown below. That program will have an apron, drinkware, towels and dishes.

This year we will also have a limited edition Vinylmation figure featuring Tony from Disney’s animated classic “Lady and the Tramp.” This 3-inch figure has an edition size of 2,500 and was designed by artist Billy Davis.

A selection of limited edition pins will return this year to the festival. The adorable Chip and Dale pin will serve as the main logo pin found at locations throughout Epcot. We are also releasing a Minnie Mouse pin for Disney Vacation Club members, while Annual Passholders will find the Figment pin shown below. I’m thinking my fellow Disney Parks Blog author Gary Buchanan will love the limited edition pin with Mickey Mouse in the cranberry bog.

Look for these items and more at the Festival Center and at select locations in Epcot when this annual event returns on September 28.

hoop de do
07-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Thanks a billion Mel - I gotta' get the wine glass.
Can't wait to go to the Festival Center.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

fanofdisney
07-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Thanks for posting.

Cjsmom1811
07-12-2012, 10:21 AM
*want all of it!* thank you for sharing!!!!

Melanie
07-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Thanks a billion Mel - I gotta' get the wine glass.
Can't wait to go to the Festival Center.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like the wine glass and the tumbler! :wine: Guess I'll be picking them up during ICOT15. You too? :D

Scar
07-12-2012, 10:45 AM
I like the wine glass and the tumbler! :wine: Guess I'll be picking them up during ICOT15.Yes, but how early in the day, and how often will you be picking them up? :D

Melanie
07-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Yes, but how early in the day, and how often will you be picking them up? :D

It's 5 o'clock somewhere! :D

SBETigg
07-12-2012, 10:53 AM
I will definitely want something as a souvenir. Last year, I bought a painting from the artist who did last year's logo. It hangs in my dining room. I won't do that again, but maybe they will be selling some smaller pictures.

Wolf
07-12-2012, 12:20 PM
I AM SOOOO getting that glowy light glass!!! That looks amazing!!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
07-12-2012, 01:06 PM
:(
Tried my hardest to get hubby to wrangle an all expenses paid trip for the Festival being that his work is the manufacturer of the cooking appliances of the Festival (Thermador). But they just wouldn't agree. :(

Maybe one year - maybe one year.

buzznwoodysmom
07-12-2012, 02:10 PM
I want all of it! Unfortunately for me we don't have a trip planned. I've been wanting to go during F&W for years, yet it just never seems to happen. I think it's the only event left that I'm interested in that we haven't attended. Maybe one day!!

NYCJoshua
08-22-2012, 08:25 PM
How come they stopped creating the pint glasses? I loved collecting them (until the last one, where the writing washed off the first time I put it in the dishwasher.)

Dsnygirl
08-31-2012, 01:49 AM
Oooohhh... love the wine glass... definitely on my "want" list... :wine: