PDA

View Full Version : which cruises include WDW stay

gratuspater
07-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Anybody know which cruises include time at WDW? I'm not completely excited about a cruise (I like being able to run all over the parks whenever I want, so not crazy about being STUCK on a boat) but DW wants to try sometime, so I'm sure we will. And as long as the kids have a pool, they're happy. The oceaner club sounded kind of cool for them. But anyhow I did'nt know which ones cruises included time at the world, and I did'nt see on the DVC site where it said so.
From what I read, only a Deluxe family state room will accomodate 4? All other rooms for a family of 4 you will have to use more pts? And is your dining included? Thanks for any info anyone has!:)

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-11-2012, 03:14 PM
There really isn't a feeling of being "stuck" on a cruise ... there is lots to do, and with the time in the ports it isn't like you're stuck on the ship for the whole time.

We did our first Disney cruise a couple of years ago, and loved it. I was worried that it wouldn't feel like Disney, and although it didn't, it was still great and we're hoping to do another one in the not too distant future.

But, back to your original question ... I believe that it is the cruises out of New York that have a built-in at at Disney, and it is a fun addition, but not the norm for a Disney cruise.

DizneyRox
07-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Something about your post wanted me to clarify, the point costs on the DVC site are per person when it comes to a cruise, NOT per room.

A cruise is a horrible use of DVC points.

Cruises are one of the best vacations period. I can't understand why people are reluctant. But not everyone feels the same way I do I guess.

Most dining is included. There are specialty restaurants that you can book for extra cash.

The WDW shore excursions are part of the Port Canaveral stops I think. If a Disney cruise has Port Canaveral as a port of call, it's something you can do, for a significant charge per person.

gratuspater
07-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Something about your post wanted me to clarify, the point costs on the DVC site are per person when it comes to a cruise, NOT per room.

A cruise is a horrible use of DVC points.

Cruises are one of the best vacations period. I can't understand why people are reluctant. But not everyone feels the same way I do I guess.

Most dining is included. There are specialty restaurants that you can book for extra cash.

The WDW shore excursions are part of the Port Canaveral stops I think. If a Disney cruise has Port Canaveral as a port of call, it's something you can do, for a significant charge per person.

Gotcha, I see what you mean with the points, first 2 adults are one rate, with each additional one a reduced rate. Of the many room types listed, would you happen to know what type would be in a quieter location, preferably with the veranda? Thanks.:)

MarkC
07-11-2012, 04:51 PM
I was also reluctant to take a cruise, me of the 25 trips to Disney in the last 17 years type. However, we took one in February and have 2 more booked and a 3rd one planned too far in advance to book. On the Magic deck 9 has a tea/coffee/soft drink machine that is open 24/7 for free. Other restaurants have great snacks and light meals anytime.

All meals are included unless you eat at Palo or Remy. Why you would want to? The other restaurants are fantastic.

I was afraid a cruise would be very crowded. Wrong. My wife and I are in our early 50's, and we often found ourselves walking the 10th deck at 10pm with no one, or maybe a couple of other people. The pools always had room. The only thing crowded was the Pirate Party as that was the one place everyone was invited. There were Disney characters everywhere if you wanted your photo taken with them. The excursions were first rate. I can't say enough good things about it, and I was hesitant like you are.

My last piece of advice-- don't book a 3 or 4 day cruise if you can afford a 7 day, because even a 7 day cruise just flew by. We met a lot of great people on it as well. Hope you try it and enjoy it. You can pm me if you want more info, as can anyone on here.

MarkC
07-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Sorry but we forgot to answer one of your original questions. Disney no longer offers the land and sea packages. You used to be able to choose from a 3 land / 4 sea or vice versa. No longer.

DizneyRox
07-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Location is subjective... I Prefer higher and forward. Many others prefer lower and midship.

My general rule (and while it's not scientifically proven) the more something costs, the less people will do it. So, higher decks around the suites would fall into that category.

Disney though attracts a lot of families, families have kids, and kids tend to make noise. Some more than others...

Try to stay away from elevators, service doors and other high traffic areas. My first Disney cruise we were aft and around deck 5 I think. It was much quieter than my latest which was forward and higher up. I liked the forward location better...

ElenitaB
07-12-2012, 12:42 AM
As far as I understand, if you are on one of the DCL cruises from NYC, there is no upcharge for the "excursion" to WDW (or as I call it, the visit to the motherland). I'll do more research on this and will report back.

DizneyRox
07-13-2012, 10:05 AM
There is transportation to the parks, I was thinking more the VIP tours. Not sure I would bother with a day trip to WDW without some better access to the rides. I think to boat takes off rather late on those days, but it's still a couple of hours to get there and back.