PDA

View Full Version : Conflicted- where to stay?

CMCTxMom
07-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Please help - We're planning a trip to WDW in January with DD7 and DS4. We were thinking of The Cabins at FW for a few reasons - quiet, full refrigerator, like the layout. (We have a son with severe food allergies, so we were thinking we'd want a kitchen to be able to store/prepare food for him. And we like having two rooms to be able to put the kids to bed and still have a place to hang out.) Downsides: we're not campers and I'm afraid I will regret the lack of a traditional "Resort" feel. I stayed at the Beach Club a lot growing up and LOVE it there. Love the proximity to 2 parks, love the theming. The 1 bedroom Beach Club villa is running (with our package) $983 more than a Cabin. Not as good of a layout, but we'd still have a kitchen. And it's guaranteed that we'd enjoy the resort. (Though we're going in January, so not planning to use the pool.) Or is there something else we should consider. What should we do???

buzznwoodysmom
07-11-2012, 01:03 PM
I voted for other. If you loved staying at BC growing up, and want to keep costs down a bit, why not consider just getting a standard room at BC, instead of the 1 bedroom villa?

It would help to know why you want the extra space. Do you want to have the kitchen to cook in? Do you want extra space to spread out? I know some people have reasons they want/need the extra space a villa provides, but typically a family of 4 should be very comfortable in a regular room at BC. You could probably come out cheaper than staying in the cabin and still get to stay at BC.

Also don't completely count on not swimming in Jan. We've been at all different months, including Jan., Feb., Christmas week, and we've always had weather great for swimming at some point during every one of our trips.

big blue and hairy
07-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Why not try Art of Animation?

:sulley:

Tigerinvestigator
07-11-2012, 01:19 PM
WDW Dolphin. Same great location as Beach Club, very family friendly, MUCH better price, absolutely beautiful resort.:thumbsup:

Belle of the Ball 051411
07-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Boardwalk?!

SBETigg
07-11-2012, 02:39 PM
I think the Beach Club would be great, but you might also consider a 1 BR at Bay Lake Tower. You would have the kitchen and experience staying close to the MK with kids who might like that location, considering you aren't planning much pool time.

LAURA.WDWLOVER
07-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Very laid back, quiet resort. Largest rooms of all the DVC'S. A one bedroom gives you a lot of room. Full kitchen, full size laundry. Bus service to all of the parks and boat or bus to Downtown Disney.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-11-2012, 03:17 PM
I second the Art of Animation! Brand-new hotel suite, with a small kitchen, really neat theming and (if you do get to swim - we did in January) a great pool.

disneymom15
07-11-2012, 05:18 PM
I also vote for Art of Animation family suite.

TinkerbellT421
07-11-2012, 06:20 PM
I vote for beach club. Though my personal preference would originally be Boardwalk.

We always go in January and we have used the pools a few times every trip and the hot tub every night. Perfect way to relax the legs and feet after long walking days in the parks!

LudwigVonDrake
07-12-2012, 06:17 AM
Art of Animation. The theming would be great for your kids and all Disney pools are heated so swimming in January is possible :swim:

Pocahontas
07-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Many years ago I stayed at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds and it has been my least favorite of all the places I've stayed at Disney over the years. There are many villas at different resorts which I believe have a much better feel to them. In all fairness, I've never been a camper, so this may be part of the reason I didn't like FWC. Stayed at SSR a few years ago in a 2 bedroom villa and our family really liked it there.

Good luck and have a great vacation!

CMCTxMom
07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Many years ago I stayed at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds and it has been my least favorite of all the places I've stayed at Disney over the years. There are many villas at different resorts which I believe have a much better feel to them. In all fairness, I've never been a camper, so this may be part of the reason I didn't like FWC.

See - that sounds like I could have written it myself. We finally decided to rent DVC and stay at (my favorite) the Beach Club Villas cuz there was ONE night in the middle of our trip we couldn't get into BLT. Oh well, it'll be great anyway!