PDA

View Full Version : Disney special tours, which?

arm00leg
07-10-2012, 10:08 PM
We have never done any of the special tours - like Behind the Seeds or Keys to the Kingdom. What I would like to know is are they worth the money? Which are the best?

Strmchsr
07-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Several of them depend on your interest. They're all good. If you are interested in growing things, Behind the Seeds is absolutely worth it. It's one of the least expensive tours at WDW and a lot of fun. The Behind the Steam Trains tour is great if you like trains. My favorite are the Divequest (if you're scruba certified) and Aquaseas (if you're not scuba certified) tours. Those are amazing experiences. The Wild Africa Trek is also a lot of fun if you're into the animals and physically able to do it.

faline
07-11-2012, 08:22 AM
As far as Disney tours go, in some ways, you get out of it what you put into it. If the topic of the tour is of interest to you, you will likely enjoy the tour.

Over time, we've done the Keys to the Kingdom tour (quite interesting if you want background information on Disney but don't be surprised if you already know much of it), Behind the Seeds Tour (interesting especially if you're interesting in gardening), the Segway tour (lots of fun with some interesting tidbits about Epcot thrown in), Safari tours (which are no longer offered), another tour within the Magic Kingdom (which is not longer offered); and a tour that is offered only during the Flower & Garden show (again quite interesting if you enjoy plants and/or gardening).

When picking a tour, be sure to read the description of what the tour is about and how long the tour is. Select based on what would be most interesting to you within acceptable time frames for you.

Ms. Mode
07-11-2012, 09:54 AM
We did the Back Stage Tour; it's about 7 hours and is WONDERFUL! It takes you to all four parks in one way or another.

Wolf
07-11-2012, 11:09 AM
I have to say, personally I could kill a cactus but my Mother is a big fan of flowers and plants and stuff, I suprised her with the Behind the Seeds tour and she loved it but I also found it really interesting. We happen to love the Living with the Land ride as well tho so that probably helped. I'd suggest it if any of that appeals to yall!

LandFan
07-11-2012, 04:53 PM
The Behind the Seeds tour is AWESOME! I've done this probably 5 times over the years and everyone I have done it with has loved it! It is also very inexpensive and you learn a lot.

The Keys to the Kingdom tour is really good too! You get to see the utilidors and the parade float barn and cast members "offstage" and stuff. However, some people don't like to know how the magic happens so if that is how you are, you might want to skip this one.

The Segway tour in Epcot (Around the world on a Segway - is that what it is called?) is REALLY fun too! You spend the first 45 minutes learning how to drive/manipulate your Segway and then you get to drive around the world showcase on it while you learn some new facts. It is REALLY fun to zoom around EPCOT while it is empty on a Segway! By the time you are at the end of your tour, people are starting to enter the park so you get to wave hi to them as you zoom past :D That part is very cool too :thumbsup:

This fall we are doing the Undiscovered Future World tour in EPCOT. We can't wait!