PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

billysmom95
07-10-2012, 06:14 PM
We just booked a trip to for Thanksgiving week!! What park would be the best park to go to? Where should we eat Thanksgiving dinner?:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
07-10-2012, 07:09 PM
We've been twice for Thanksgiving and are planning Thanksgiving week in 2013 with DH's entire family :eek:, just kidding, just kidding (sort of -LOL).

We didn't go into the parks on Thanksgiving day since that was the day the parks were expected to be the most crowded. We arrived the Thursday or Friday before Tday, and stayed until the weekend after Thanksgiving (on one trip we stayed till the Tuesday after Tday). The beginning of our stay wasn't crowded at all, and the crowds slowly grew as we moved closer to Thanksgiving day. The only day we really noticed a large increase was the Friday after Thanksgiving. Of course Thanksgiving day itself was said to be the worst, but we didn't go to the parks. It's definitely a doable week to visit WDW.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at Cape May Cafe both years we were there and we really enjoyed it. They have a buffet, half of which was seafood, the other half traditional Thanksgiving dishes. After dinner we walked the Epcot resort loop checking out all the decorations at those resorts. It made for a very nice evening.

emerzmom
07-10-2012, 07:13 PM
This is my favorite time of the year to go to WDW! The weather is usually wonderful (shorts during the day & light sweater at night) and the holiday decorations are out! MK will be crowded but Liberty Tavern is a great place for traditional Thanksgiving meal. At DHS Hollywood and Vine and 50's Prime Time have turkey and dressing. You can also just have fun and do something different like O'hana's or really nice like California Grill. I have done all of those and even just had nachos at ESPN one time because we missed our ADR's. It was still fun....we were at WDW after all.
Enjoy!
:mickey:
Julie

Main Street Jim
07-10-2012, 07:53 PM
MK will be crowded but Liberty Tavern is a great place for traditional Thanksgiving meal. I concur. Liberty Tree Tavern is a very nice, family-style, all-you-can-eat meal. Better get them reservations in :)

LandFan
07-10-2012, 08:54 PM
We had an awesome Thanksgiving dinner at Le Cellier one year! My DN12(at the time) pronounced it "a 'bangin' Turkey dinner - the best ever - but don't tell Mom!":D

Pop Centurion
07-10-2012, 09:05 PM
We're going against all advice & going to MK on Thanksgiving as well. LTT was our plan but the only available ADR was at 8:30 & we didn't want to miss Wishes even if we've seen it numerous times. Had to settle for CP which is fine. I've heard that all the restaurants offer some type of traditional Thanksgiving food on that day.
Most people say AK is the least crowded but there's just something about spending it in MK regardless of crowds that makes it special.

CynBeth
07-11-2012, 06:38 PM
We went Thanksgiving Week 2011 from the Sat before to the Saturday after. We did not find the crowds very bad at all. We went to AK on Thanksgiving. I noticed the Flame Tree BBQ had a special meal of a plate with turkey, a few sides, and pumpkin pie. It looked good and I wish I had gotten it. We had dinner at Trail's End Buffet and it was fair. They did not have MVMCP that week but we got to see Osbourne Lights and CP. We also took time to resort hop for the decorations. The weather was great!

NewDVCowner
07-11-2012, 07:03 PM
My family is going to be there for Thanksgiving this year. We've made ADR's for Boma that night. We figure we'll go to the parks in the morning then go back to the hotel (we're staying at AKL) and be able to relax as a family, have dinner there, etc.

Previously we have had Thanksgiving dinner at LTT, which was very nice and appropriate. :mickey:

awaggett
07-12-2012, 01:04 PM
We spent Thanksgiving in the World two years ago--it was great. We went to MK on Thanksgiving day--it was crowded, but definitely manageable. A few of us skipped the family dinner (we were a large group and a few of us mis-managed our time!) and ended up at the sushi bar at Kona in the Poly. They even offered a traditional Thanksgiving menu--but we chose sushi and lapu lapus--one of my more memorable Thanksgiving dinners! Have fun!

Stu29573
07-12-2012, 03:50 PM
We went in 2010 and had a blast! We currently are planning on Thanksgiving 2013 as the next trip. I highly recommend it!

figgie
07-12-2012, 04:43 PM
The friday after Thanksgiving is usually most crowded. We locals ususally have the traditional meal at home and the use Friday to bring all the guests to the parks before they leave so that adds to the crowds! Where ever you decide to eat, get your ressies NOW if you still can, they go faster than even Christmas!!!:turkey: