PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Closures and Renovations July - December 2012

Figment!
07-10-2012, 01:59 PM
The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has announced renovations for many of the resort's amenity locations during the period of July 2012 to December 2012.

Five of the resort hotel's restaurants will be closed for renovations for portions of this time period:

~ Mizner's Lounge is closed through July 14 2012.
~ Narcoosee's is closed through July 22 2012.
~ The Beach Pool Bar is closed through August 24 2012.
~ Citricos will be closed July 23 to August 4 2012.
~ Gasparilla Grill will be closed August 24 to December 2012 (During this closure comparable offerings will be available at Mizner's Lounge and the Beach Pool Bar)

The Main Courtyard Pool will be closed August 24 till December 2012. The Sandy Cove store will be closed August 21 2012 till December 2012.

Currently, all closure schedules are tentative. Guests who may be affected should contact the resort directly close to the time of their stay for the most up-to-date schedule.

Mickey'sGirl
07-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Well, these closures in addition to the ugly walls around the beach pool are enough to make us change our reservations for the end of the month. We are now spending a couple of days at the Beach Club instead.

Melanie
07-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Well, these closures in addition to the ugly walls around the beach pool are enough to make us change our reservations for the end of the month. We are now spending a couple of days at the Beach Club instead.

Smart Jen! It's kind of a mess right now. :unsure:

lettripp
07-10-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm assuming that because the thread doesn't say anything that we're safe... but will our reservations at the GF Cafe and our my MIL/FIL's reservation at V&A's be impacted by this at all? The reservations are next week...

Again, I assume we're safe but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Luv4WDW
07-11-2012, 10:03 AM
So has there been any word on how long these things will be in disarray? I presume the walls up around the beach pool are due to the DVC construction, is this true? Does this mean they will be up until the construction is completed? Either way, it's better than being at work and I'm happy they're making it look better for my future trips!

Belle of the Ball 051411
07-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Thanks for posting this.

We'll be there December 8th-13th, so I'm hoping the courtyard pool will be open by then.

We stayed at the GF in May and the DVC construction wasn't problematic at all. There were some walls up near the beach pool and near the wedding pavilion but we only went over there once. Didn't impact our stay one bit.

It doesn't appear our stay in December will be hindered too much by the renovations.

Figment!
07-11-2012, 11:12 AM
... but will our reservations at the GF Cafe and our my MIL/FIL's reservation at V&A's be impacted by this at all? Grand Floridian Cafe and Victoria & Albert's are not closing for renovations as part of this project. You might be impeded in walking to these locations due to the construction, so leaving a little extra time may be helpful.

If a restaraunt will be closed for rennovations and Advanced Dining Reservations have been accepted for that time period, Disney contacts the affected parties directly and offers them alternatives.

So has there been any word on how long these things will be in disarray? This project is tenativley schedueld to conclude "December 2012". A more detailed date is expected as construction progresses.

I presume the walls up around the beach pool are due to the DVC construction, is this true? Does this mean they will be up until the construction is completed? This construction is for a separate project to add a water play area. The addition is presumably part of the Disney Vacation Club addition, but a time table for this project has not been reported.