PDA

View Full Version : Tony's Town Square

BuzzLiteYear
07-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Booked Tony's for December (may cancel for Be Our Guest). My question is...other than Crystal Palace, is there a better sit down option at Magic Kingdom?

sherriepaul
07-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Not necessarily better but other options are:
Liberty Tree tavern, Cinderella Royal Table, or the Plaza Restaurant.

On my trip last fall we went to all of the 3 above. Out of the 3 I would recommend The Plaza(a place where you can get lighter fare and their desserts are AWESOME!!!!), Liberty Tree and then Cinderella's(very expensive but you get the princesses, and the atmosphere, food was not very good)

Hope this helps!

Ms. Mode
07-10-2012, 11:17 AM
We love Tony's, it's a "must do" for us. I would agree with the Plaza being good too. They serve a lighter less expense fare. :number1:

LandFan
07-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Honestly, if you are paying for it, I'd go with the Plaza. Simple, good, inexpensive food. If you are on the dining plan, I'd probably try to get more for my money by going somewhere I wouldn't probably go otherwise such as Crystal Palace.

Tony's would be my last choice as we were very disappointed in the quality of their food the last time we were there. Crystal Palace isn't a ton better but at least you get characters!

Tinkerbella16
07-10-2012, 01:04 PM
I've done them all except the Plaza.. and we did not like Tony's at all, but that was years ago so I can't really judge it now. MK is definately lacking on the table service restaurants thats for sure. I am trying the Plaza in September, only been there for icecream and its the only sit down that I haven't been to yet. I will be paying OOP for this meal instead of using a credit on the DDP. I hear such great reviews on the food there.

Wolf
07-10-2012, 03:10 PM
I love Tony's so sit down its my fav in the um...sit-down resturant setting? Also a option people mentioned thats wonderful is Columbia Harbor House, its awesome for a counter service meal!

Gator
07-11-2012, 11:32 AM
I hope it's good! I'm booked for my first visit there in 7 trips. I've read some bad reviews, but I guess I just have to wonder how any place can screw up Italian food that bad. Trying it anyway.

Jared
07-11-2012, 11:51 AM
I think the best table-service option in the Magic Kingdom is Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch, followed by The Plaza. Tony's Town Square is solid and reliable, but I wouldn't expect too much. It has a nice location, the venue is pretty and the food will fill you up, at least.

PlutoPlanet
07-11-2012, 12:46 PM
If you are thinking about dinner, some restaurants nearby are workable without losing a lot of time. You could consider The Wave in the Contemporary, which is a 5 minute walk from the MK entrance.

CanadaLovesDisney
07-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Tonys has some nice options. Also their chef is great if you have allergies or dietary restrictions!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-11-2012, 01:23 PM
We didn't care for Tony's. To me, TS at MK is lacking. I would hop a monorail and go to the Poly for Ohanas or any of the monorail resorts restaurants.

joonyer
07-11-2012, 03:22 PM
We have not been to Tony's in several years, but when we were there last, I'd have to say it was inconsistently mediocre, if that makes any sense. Family of four, one of our 4 entrees was excellent, another good but not great, another was just ok, and the last one was almost inedible. we all tried each others meals and all agreed on the quality. I couldn't figure out how they could prepare one dish that was so good, and another at the same time that was so awful. Hopefully they've improved their staff and menu since then. I think Liberty Tree, while nothing to write home about, is better that Tony's

I agree that MK could use another TS restaurant (Be our Guest will be welcome) or two.

AllDisney
07-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Tony's is OK....nothing to write home about. We tried the Plaza years ago and were so disappointed we have never been back.

mommy2maddi
07-13-2012, 11:40 AM
We ate at Tony's the last time we were there in 2010. We both found our food to be amazing! We have an ADR for December and expect it to be just as good. I loved my entree but my husband got the eggplant parmigiana and it was absolutely wonderful! The tiramisu was to die for!!!

Bethanymouse
07-13-2012, 12:02 PM
I think your like of Tony's may depend on where you are from. We are from Jersey area- the Italian food in Jersey/NY is amazing, plus we are Italian.....so.....Tony's is not our fav. We have eaten there and left feeling the same way we leave after Olive Garden. Not terrible, but not a "Oh my god, that was the best" feeling either.

We have also eaten at Cinderella's- quite a few years ago......I think it depends on if you have little ones who want to see the princesses.

We have eaten at the Plaza- pretty good for light fare and yes, good desserts!