PDA

View Full Version : What to do first at TL?

chefmickey3
07-10-2012, 09:47 AM
We will be going to TL for the first time with our children ages 10,8,6. All of the kids are good swimmers and my 6yo is 51" and quite adventurous. We are planning to be there at park opening and stay until about 4pm. What would you suggest be our first slide? Do you have a strategy for TL? Will it be hard to do all of the slides in that time period? Thanks!

PirateLover
07-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Getting there at opening is key, especially if you will be there on a very hot day! If any one in your party wants to do Crush N Gusher, I would probably head there first. But, honestly,getting there early you should not have much of a problem. We were there right before 4th of July one year and the parks were all super crowded, but when we went to Typhoon Lagoon, everything was pretty much a walk on until about noon. Good luck!:surfing::diver::snorkel:

Melanie
07-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Do Crush 'n Gusher first. In fact, a great place to set up is on the Crush 'n Gusher beach. It's a little more quiet than the areas around the wave pool, and has bathrooms, food and the lockers very close by.

By heading to that area first, you can get as many rides on the 3 Crush 'n Gusher slides as you want with little wait. I think we did 4 or 5 of them in quick time, then moved on to other areas of the park. In the afternoon we came back and did them a few more times with a longer wait, although not terrible.

And I just want to mention that the C'nG slides were the most fun I've had in years. Weeeee! Enjoy!

BrerGnat
07-11-2012, 08:30 AM
First of all, WOW on the 51" 6 y.o. Mine is almost 48 and I thought that was tall! ;)

If you plan to get to TL at opening, you will have no problem doing everything you want by 4pm.

You may want to discuss a plan and find out who wants to do what, and split up if necessary in order to get everything done. Some may want to stick to just the slides, while others might want some time in the lazy river, wave pool, shark reef, etc.

It's a big park and spread out, so in order to minimize back and forth, pick a starting place and then work either clockwise or counter clockwise from there. That's what we usually do at waterparks. Or, we do "left side/right side" where we will do all the rides/attractions on one side before lunch, then break to eat, and then do everything on the other side afterwards.

Oh, and have you and your wife wear waterproof (cheap) watches. Nothing metal. Get some cheapie rubber watches that you can use in case you split up and need to meet at an appointed time. This is difficult to do without watches, as there really are no clocks at the parks and you won't have your cell phones on you.

PlutoPlanet
07-12-2012, 11:46 AM
We always do Crush N Gusher first.

figgie
07-12-2012, 05:05 PM
First, we get a locker and if you want one, get a space to set up in the shade(they go fast), then.....Crush 'n Gusher for sure!

Tigerinvestigator
08-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Just back and we chose to do Crush n Gusher first at park opening, which is immediately to your right and then moved counter-clockwise to Shark Reef and Humunga Cowabunga. This worked great and we never stood in line!:thumbsup: