PDA

View Full Version : Split stay - moving luggage to Dolphin...

LandFan
07-09-2012, 08:47 PM
If I am staying at AofA the first 4 nights and am then moving over to Dolphin for the second 4 nights of my trip, will Disney still move my luggage for me like they would if I was moving between two regular Disney-owned resorts or would I have to take it over myself via taxi?

Would the Dolphin hold the luggage if we had to get out of our room really early (we have a tour that morning) and the (Dolphin) room wasn't ready yet?

Quadstriker
07-09-2012, 08:54 PM
They'll help you. Tip generously.

LandFan
07-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Ok - thanks :D

DizneyRox
07-09-2012, 10:58 PM
You sure? Last I heard, Disney doesn't transfer to the Swan/Dolphin. Swan/Dolphin will transfer to a Disney owned property though.

Kenny1113
07-10-2012, 07:38 AM
I can't speak of bag transfer. Yes, they will he your bags if your room is not ready yet.

Maleficent's Dad
07-10-2012, 07:49 AM
If I am staying at AofA the first 4 nights and am then moving over to Dolphin for the second 4 nights of my trip, will Disney still move my luggage for me like they would if I was moving between two regular Disney-owned resorts or would I have to take it over myself via taxi?
No. You're on your own. Disney will only assist in a move to another Disney owned resort. They won't transfer your luggage to the Swan/Dolphin resorts.

Would the Dolphin hold the luggage if we had to get out of our room really early (we have a tour that morning) and the (Dolphin) room wasn't ready yet?
Yes, they'll hold your bags for you.

DizneyRox
07-10-2012, 10:41 AM
You sure? Last I heard, Disney doesn't transfer to the Swan/Dolphin. Swan/Dolphin will transfer to a Disney owned property though.
It's been a while since I got official word, so I made a couple of calls. They DO transfer bags according to the latest news...

Either call from your room, or drop it off at bell services yourself.

LandFan
07-10-2012, 11:03 AM
A big thanks to ALL of you - especially DizneyRox for making those calls!

I'll have to figure out which way I want to handle it when we get there. It is nice to know all of my options. Only 79 more days now!

Maleficent's Dad
07-10-2012, 01:45 PM
It's been a while since I got official word, so I made a couple of calls. They DO transfer bags according to the latest news...

Either call from your room, or drop it off at bell services yourself.
:jaw:
Wow! New policy, I guess! Good job making the calls good to know! :D

Tri Minnie
07-10-2012, 04:17 PM
I wish I had asked this when we were there! I just assumed they didn't move the luggage. We just stayed at the Swan and switched to Saratoga Springs. My husband transferred everything via taxi.