PDA

View Full Version : Art of Animation building access

Dyanna
07-09-2012, 05:58 PM
We booked a room at AoA for one night staying in the LM standard rooms. From what I have read online the LM buildings are just like the building at the other value resorts, no elevators & access to rooms from only the outside. My friend booked her room there today for the same LM building & they told her over the phone that they will all be the same with interior hallways & elevators just like the Cars & Lion King suites. Which is correct?

BrerGnat
07-09-2012, 07:14 PM
I don't think that is right. The buildings that will be the Little Mermaid theme were already built back in 2000/2001. They are set up with the outside access hallways and stairs. I saw a recent photo of one of the buildings online...it was already painted and it clearly shows outside entry doors and stairwells.

I didn't think the Suites buildings had elevators, do they? I was under the impression that they did not.

Jeri
07-09-2012, 07:39 PM
I am pretty sure the suites have elevators, I thought I saw them on a picture. Not sure why they wouldn't.:confused:

I would guess the LM buildings would too. I have stay at POP & Allstar Movies and they both have elevators. I am pretty sure all values do.

I know CBR doesn't have elevators.

I guess I am wondering now about AoA, because if they don't have them in the LM building then I will for sure not stay there. I like being on the top floor, but with a 2 yr old, and her stroller I need an elevator.:(

buzznwoodysmom
07-09-2012, 07:47 PM
I haven't seen detailed photos of the LM buildings, so I don't know for sure, but the other value resorts all have elevators. Not sure why these wouldn't. Your friend is right about the LM buildings having exterior access to rooms, but I think there are probably elevators like the other values have.

The buildings that house the suites do have elevators. I've read several accounts that each hallway has cute murals that you see as you exit the elevators.

BrerGnat
07-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Doh! Denise is right. I read the same thing about the murals as you exit the elevators. :crazy:

I have never seen elevators at the value resorts! I have stayed at AS Music, Movies, and Pop, and NEVER knew they had them and I just climbed up the stairwells every time. Live and learn, I guess. ;)

Scar
07-10-2012, 08:20 AM
I have never seen elevators at the value resorts! I have stayed at AS Music, Movies, and Pop, and NEVER knew they had them and I just climbed up the stairwells every time. Live and learn, I guess. ;)Never needed ice? You pretty much need blinders on to get ice and not see them.:)

BrerGnat
07-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Never needed ice? You pretty much need blinders on to get ice and not see them.:)

Actually, no. I rarely see the ice machine at most hotels.

buzznwoodysmom
07-10-2012, 10:50 AM
I have never seen elevators at the value resorts! I have stayed at AS Music, Movies, and Pop, and NEVER knew they had them and I just climbed up the stairwells every time. Live and learn, I guess. ;)

Depending on where your room is located it's usually just easier to take the stairs. If I'm remembering correctly there is only one set of elevators in each building, so if you have a room at the far end of the wing, you'd be close to the stairs, but a nice little walk to the elevators. When we ended up in a room like that we almost always took the stairs just because it was quicker.

We stayed at POFQ once, and even tho I knew there was an elevator in our building, I never even saw it. Our room exited right by one of the stairways, so it was just easier to use the stairs.

So I can totally see guests completely missing the elevators at some resorts.