PDA

View Full Version : No plans...whatsoever!

Ms. Mode
07-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Well, my DH and I have booked our first trip without our DD for the end of October. We have always had a "plan" for our trips with ADRs and everything down to the last minute...not this time. DH wants to just go where the mood takes us, including dinners.

My DD thinks he's crazy, and while I see his point I'm a little worried about this too. We want to go to the MNSSHP on the last day but haven't purchased tickets yet for that either. He thinks it will be no problem..WHAT?

Ok, if we end up eating CS the whole trip I can deal with that, but I really want to make the party.

Do you think we're crazy to try this?

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-09-2012, 11:01 AM
This is a hard one for me, I'm a planner.

But, the lack of ADR's is probably OK. You will be able to find some walk-ups, and if you're OK with CS meals, then I really wouldn't worry and enjoy the ability to "go with the flow".

But, I wouldn't leave the party ticket, at the end of October it is possible that they will sell out, and if it is something that really matters, I wouldn't risk being disappointed.

faline
07-09-2012, 11:06 AM
We only made one reservation in advance of arrival for our last trip and had no problems dining in some very nice restaurants.

The party- however - might be a different story.

Buttercup
07-09-2012, 11:53 AM
I agree - go with the flow with dinners. You might get turned away from several places but there's always a counter service around somewhere so you won't starve.
But the party ticket, it's not gonna happen unless you buy your tickets now.

gratuspater
07-09-2012, 11:54 AM
I agree with the other posters, we've had no problem eating table service without ressies, but we were also eating at much later times. But we've also been to the MNSHHP in late August and even once on Halloween night, and for being a special ticket event, it was pretty busy, I don't know if it was a sell out but I was surprised at the amount of people there. Which is why I probably won''t do the party again any time soon. To much money for 4 people, and just to busy, if your lookin 4 short wait times on major rides. But I did really like Hallowishes and all the decorations. But if the party is important to you, I wouldn't leave that up chance. Have a great trip!:)

Patricia
07-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Unless it's a big meet and I have to be somewhere.. I never plan any of my trips beyond where I will sleep and I have been known to change that while there :blush:. I have bought special party tickets day of, but if it really matters to you, I'd buy in advance. It's never a big deal to have one thing planned and the end of October will be busy for the Halloween Parties.

Intercot will be at the MNSSHP on Friday, October 26th. Boo!

Plex
07-09-2012, 12:21 PM
I think it's doable depending on when you go. On our last trip we made several changes to reservations (moving times, adding, removing) on the fly and we really had no issues, and this was mid-August. Might have to do more CS than you'd like, but shouldn't be too bad I don't think.

buzznwoodysmom
07-09-2012, 12:25 PM
I agree with the majority here. The meals aren't a big deal, you will be able to find something to eat without problems. However, if your heart is set on attending the party, I would purchase the tickets. Will you be crushed if they sell out and you can't attend? If so then get the tickets ahead of time.

Disney Doll
07-10-2012, 09:56 AM
We aren't planners, but we do always buy tickets in advance.

1. I don't want to bother with having to purchase tickets once I'm there.

2. Sometimes those parties do sell out especially the closer you get to the actual holiday. If you are going towards the end of Oct I would buy them now.

We love the Disney mobile magic app for finding last minute dining availability. I usually only schedule one or two meal (usually character dining) and we wing it the rest of the time.

Ms. Mode
07-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm going to purchase the tickets NOW! :thumbsup: